Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #61
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Is any of the FB Reader developers even working on this? It seems a pretty basic shortcoming to me -- not rendering one of the basic building blocks of text layout.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #62
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

how do i know which version of fbreader my pb360 has and how do i install new version and keep the original version that came installed.easy instructions please as i am not very smart about all this computer stuff. Thanks
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #63
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Is any of the FB Reader developers even working on this? It seems a pretty basic shortcoming to me -- not rendering one of the basic building blocks of text layout.
You can check the FB Reader support site to see if this issue has been raised with the developers and submit it if not.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #64
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoreadalot View Post
how do i know which version of fbreader my pb360 has and how do i install new version and keep the original version that came installed.easy instructions please as i am not very smart about all this computer stuff. Thanks
Well, installing is very simple. You just unzip the most recent fbreader.zip, copy the fbreader.app into the main memory of your reader under system/bin and off you go.

The more sophisticated approach on this would be to rename the pasted version to fbreader180.app and replace the extensions.cfg, so that you could choose between the old fbreader and the 180 version. But this is strictly not necessary for the new version to work. If you want to use the g-sensor to turn your pages, the g-sensor has to be turned on, of course.

Please do not hesitate to ask more question if this wasn't satisfying.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #65
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
You can check the FB Reader support site to see if this issue has been raised with the developers and submit it if not.
Incredible. It's listed as a feature request (and if this doesn't qualify as a bug, what does??), of 'minor' severity. I don't understand this at all. I don't know many novels that don't use blank lines to separate some (but not all) paragraphs.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #66
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Incredible. It's listed as a feature request (and if this doesn't qualify as a bug, what does??), of 'minor' severity. I don't understand this at all. I don't know many novels that don't use blank lines to separate some (but not all) paragraphs.
Yes, absolutely. This problem irritates me severely from time to time, especially if the separating space is used to separate times or/and locations in a novel. Really frustrating.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #67
franklekens
Addict

Correction -- someone did change the status from feature request to bug.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #68
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
Hello! I'm currently working on FBReader180.

lovestoreadalot
It would be better to copy folder FBeader/ to system/share/ too. It contains resources for configuration menu localization to non-english languages (only german and russian for now). But in future other resources may be added there.

Anyway installation procedure is described in read_en.txt in distribution.
I think it's pretty clear.

franklekens
Please, explain the problem in detail.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #69
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
Hello! I'm currently working on FBReader180.

lovestoreadalot
It would be better to copy folder FBeader/ to system/share/ too. It contains resources for configuration menu localization to non-english languages (only german and russian for now). But in future other resources may be added there.

Anyway installation procedure is described in read_en.txt in distribution.
I think it's pretty clear.

franklekens
Please, explain the problem in detail.
Hey, great work graynm. The problem frank speaks about is the fact that fbreader ignores blank or empty lines between paragraphs, made with an empty paragraph <p></p> or a <br /> tag. fb reader just shows paragraphs with texts and ignores br tags that are not included in a text.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #70
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
mtravellerh
Thank you.

Hmm, I've never faced this problem.
Can you give me an example file with detailed description of expected behavior?
Mail to graynm76[at]gmail.com
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #71
franklekens
Addict

I'm not sure it has to do with <br> or anything like that. I haven't looked into the html code of the files to see what causes this.

But here is one. The following styles are defined for the text in the css:

.normal1
{
font-family:"Times New Roman", serif;
font-size:small;
margin-top:1em;
margin-bottom:0em;
margin-left: 0em;
text-align:justify;
text-indent:0em;
}
.bodytext
{
margin-top:0em;
text-indent:1.5em;
}

So most paragraphs are marked <p class="bodytext">. They run on without blank lines and are indented.

Then when there's a blank line, there's no <br>, but the first paragraph of the next section is marked <p class="normal1">. The subsequent paragraphs are "bodytext" again.

In ADE on my computer, this makes the text show up as intended (with a blank line above the paragraphs that's marked "normal1"). On my Pocketbook, there is no blank line, *and* the "normal1" paragraph is indented, though it obviously shouldn't be.

FBReader on my computer, however, does display the text correctly.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #72
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I'm not sure it has to do with <br> or anything like that. I haven't looked into the html code of the files to see what causes this.

But here is one. The following styles are defined for the text in the css:

.normal1
{
margin-top:1em;
margin-left: 0em;
text-indent:0em;
}
.bodytext
{
margin-top:0em;
text-indent:1.5em;
}

So most paragraphs are marked <p class="bodytext">. They run on without blank lines and are indented.

Then when there's a blank line, there's no <br>, but the first paragraph of the next section is marked <p class="normal1">. The subsequent paragraphs are "bodytext" again.

In ADE on my computer, this makes the text show up as intended (with a blank line above the paragraphs that's marked "normal1"). On my Pocketbook, there is no blank line, *and* the "normal1" paragraph is indented, though it obviously shouldn't be.

FBReader on my computer, however, does display the text correctly.
All right, that does only mean that the style tag margin-top is ignored. But the problem is a lot more general. Every kind of blank space between paragraphs is blissfully ignored, especially if there is a space between paragraphs only sporadically.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #73
franklekens
Addict

I believe you, I just couldn't find an example quickly enough. Also, I think this one is just as serious. Because this seems a pretty neat way to format the text, and the end effect is the same: in fbreader the blanks disappear.

But only on my Pocketbook. Not on the computer. So there's a difference between the two FBreader versions there?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #74
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I believe you, I just couldn't find an example quickly enough. Also, I think this one is just as serious. Because this seems a pretty neat way to format the text, and the end effect is the same: in fbreader the blanks disappear.

But only on my Pocketbook. Not on the computer. So there's a difference between the two FBreader versions there?
Yep. FBReader on PB is an older version. The newest version will be implemeted soon.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #75
franklekens
Addict

Okay, but I don't have the standard one. I installed the customized fbreader offered in this thread (1.8 something). That's still an older version than the computer version then?