Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #46
stmusic
Enthusiast
stmusic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
For now only serial port or new motherboard resolve my problem.
Question is: when new update realized is it possible that this problem fixed ?
stmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The serial port will only make it possible to see what the problem is, not fix it.

A new (used) motherboard is always a risk,
The link you where given above is to a very reputable firm.
The risk of getting a bad board should be very low with them.

Your description does not sound like something a firmware update would fix.
Although it does not cost anything to wait for one.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #48
stmusic
Enthusiast

Problems is update which is on paperwhite,some bugs, maybe not flashed good.
I read a lot, some people have similar problems, amazon in warranty give you new pw.

Not know is it new firmware update would delete old firmware and flash all new firmware in device ?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:00 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmusic View Post
Problems is update which is on paperwhite,some bugs, maybe not flashed good.
I read a lot, some people have similar problems, amazon in warranty give you new pw.

Not know is it new firmware update would delete old firmware and flash all new firmware in device ?
It would replace the old firmware.
It will not fix your problems.

I might be wrong.
Just wait for the next update to be sent to your device.
Then decide what to do.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #50
stmusic
Enthusiast

@knc1
I don't know history of this kpw3.

Is it possible that kpw3 is jb and then install amazon update 5.8.9.2 ?
How to know is it jb before update ?
Advert
Old 07-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #51
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@knc1
I don't know history of this kpw3.

Is it possible that kpw3 is jb and then install amazon update 5.8.9.2 ?
How to know is it jb before update ?
It is possible that the device was/is jailbroken and only the add-in applications where removed from the visible USB storage.

Install KUAL and MrPI, then use those to attempt to install the test package attached to the current jail break.
It (if it runs) will not install anything, but will produce a report.

For a PW3, both KUAL and MrPI are each in an archive that does not require "installation".

Step #8 of the current jail break instructions will give you the details on installation of KUAL and MrPI. (Open that spoiler)

Last edited by knc1; 07-05-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #52
stmusic
Enthusiast

I copy KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 to documents, extensions and mrpackages to root of pw3,
when i try to open KUAL from kindle i got this message:
Error
This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by developer of this item. Please contact the developer.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I copy KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 to documents, extensions and mrpackages to root of pw3,
when i try to open KUAL from kindle i got this message:
Error
This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by developer of this item. Please contact the developer.
That means the application keys are missing or never installed.
I.E: Somebody pressed: "Factory Reset" prior to selling it.

It does not mean the jail break key was not installed.

Do you have a utility for recovering deleted files from FAT-32?
You can use that on visible USB storage to see if any of our add-ins where ever present.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #54
stmusic
Enthusiast

I try GetDataBack for FAT and nothing find, not find and my files which i deleted.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #55
knc1
Going Viral

It should have found something.
In fact, a lot of things.
Even if brand new, it was run on the factory production line and all of those deleted files should still be there.

Try this:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
When/If you are asked if the partition table is 'Vista' - answer yes.

It most likely has not been jail broken before if someone went to the trouble to wipe the USB storage area clean.
You only choice right now is to use the serial port jail breaking.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #56
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
@stmusic: Try installing JB-hotfix by NiLuJe. That can put you back on track since you have the jb key.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #57
stmusic
Enthusiast

JB-hotfix not possible to update, invalid update.
Probably this kindle not jb before shipping to me.

When i have 3 or 4 books on kindle reboot is periodically, in 24h be one times or two times.
Will see when new update arrived.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #58
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

When i have 3 or 4 books on kindle reboot is periodically, in 24h be one times or two times.
Where did you get these books?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #59
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

Dump the messages files, compress into zip archive, attach to your next post (you must use the 'go advanced' editor button if you don't see the 'manage attachments' box below the text entry box).

These message files are already scrubbed of any personal information, they are safe for public viewing.

*) Home screen
*) Search function box
*) Enter:
;dm
The semi-colon is part of the command.

*) Four new documents will appear on the Kindle, in the /documents directory when viewed over the USB cable.
*) Copy those off, archive with zip, attach to next post.

Someone here will review them and post if they find anything meaningful to your problem in them.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #60
stmusic
Enthusiast

Upload it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kpw3 logs.zip (336.9 KB, 109 views)