Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #166
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-mo View Post
Princess Cruise Line has a web page offering a free copy of the audiobook A Man Called Ove through Audible at the bottom of the page:
https://em.princess.com/pub/sf/Respo...X-JLaMRuz1nZyw

I hope this works for you.
Worked for me, thanks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #167
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Princess Cruise Line has a web page offering a free copy of the audiobook A Man Called Ove through Audible at the bottom of the page:

Thanks - it worked - added to OP and to Free Audible Titles

A Man Called Ove -- Fredrik Backman/ G Newbern (9.2 hrs) -- code: CALLEDOVE1 --> exp 31 Jan

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2017 at 01:31 AM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Chronicles of St Mary's by Jodi Taylor currently consists of 7 novels and 7 short stories. 4 of the novels qualify for Whispersync pricing and 6 of the short stories are free.

The Chronicles of St Mary's
The Chronicles of St Mary's
Quote:
"History is just one damned thing after another."

Behind the seemingly innocuous façade of St Mary's, a different kind of historical research is taking place. They don't do 'time-travel' - they 'investigate major historical events in contemporary time'. Maintaining the appearance of harmless eccentrics is not always within their power - especially given their propensity for causing loud explosions when things get too quiet.

Meet the disaster-magnets of St Mary's Institute of Historical Research as they ricochet around History. Their aim is to observe and document - to try and find the answers to many of History's unanswered questions...and not to die in the process. But one wrong move and History will fight back - to the death. And, as they soon discover - it's not just History they're fighting.

Follow the catastrophe curve from 11th-century London to World War I, and from the Cretaceous Period to the destruction of the Great Library at Alexandria. For wherever Historians go, chaos is sure to follow in their wake....

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:23 AM   #169
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
I don't recall having seen it posted but the last novella in the Saint Mary's Chronicles by Jodi Taylor, My Name is Markham, is free at audible.

This is a series I enjoy a lot and can only encourage people to read that author.
Still appears to be available for "0 credits" or $5.95. Strange, but willing to give it a try....

ETA ... and it charged me, despite using the zero credit button, which said there would be no charge on the confirmation page... Off to chat with Audible.

Still reporting it as a glitch .. got a refund on the charge and kept the book as a "one-time" thing. Looks like they need to work on the free credit for member purchases a bit (and take this one off that promo until they fix it).

Last edited by koland; 01-18-2017 at 02:55 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #170
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Still appears to be available for "0 credits" or $5.95. Strange, but willing to give it a try....

ETA ... and it charged me, despite using the zero credit button, which said there would be no charge on the confirmation page... Off to chat with Audible.

Still reporting it as a glitch .. got a refund on the charge and kept the book as a "one-time" thing. Looks like they need to work on the free credit for member purchases a bit (and take this one off that promo until they fix it).
I did the purchase last night and I was not charged. I went to check the Daily Deal this morning and my cash credit balance was wrong. I checked the order and it shows up as being free. When I have time I will call Audible and have them sort this mess out.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #171
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I am glad that for once I was able to skip a freebie that was of only questionable interest to me! Hope you guys get things sorted out.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #172
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 18 Jan
Old 01-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #173
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:

Awesome! This book was in my wishlist.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #174
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'm no longer a paid member, but I do thank you for the listing of St Mary's books and shorts. I didn't know about the last two shorts. I've just bought them in ebook form.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #175
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm no longer a paid member, but I do thank you for the listing of St Mary's books and shorts. I didn't know about the last two shorts. I've just bought them in ebook form.
YW

Do you have all of the free shorts?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #176
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YW

Do you have all of the free shorts?
Yup! And all of the full length books too (ebook, not audio). But the free ones, yeah, I have the audio. They got me hooked on the series!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #177
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

I like everyone else was charged. Spent a few minutes (okay, maybe 10, but it was mostly waiting for "Lee" to review and respond) and was told I'd be refunded, but the book added to my library.

This is what I started out with in the Audible Live Chat box:

Quote:
Hello, I was told that members with credits available should be able to "purchase" Jodi Taylor's "My Name is Markham" for free. When I went to the page, it showed "buy now for 0 credit". However, when I chose to do so, I was charged for the book.
This is my order number: D01-[redacted]
The rep did some research, didn't ask any more questions, and then said they'd refund the money and put the book in my library. Will need to check my credit card history to see for sure the refund was done.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #178
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Jan
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #179
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Apologies if this has already been mentioned . . . I didn't even see the Downpour Deal of the Week mentioned anywhere. Of course, tubemonkey could have hidden the information behind a link or a spoiler or something on the O.P.--he's famous for that.

The Downpour Deal of the Week is $5.95--Four Years in the Stonewall Brigade.

Another possibility--buy the Kindle ebook for 99 cents. Add the Audible narration for $2.99. Total--$3.98.

There may be some benefit to buying from Downpour, such as favorable DRM status, of which I'm not aware.

Downpour--http://www.downpour.com/deals.
Amazon--https://www.amazon.com/Four-Years-St...dp/B01EK9BYME/.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-18-2017 at 07:33 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #180
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Apologies if this has already been mentioned . . . I didn't even see the Downpour Deal of the Week mentioned anywhere.

The Downpour Deal of the Week is $5.95--Four Years in the Stonewall Brigade.

Another possibility--buy the Kindle ebook for 99 cents. Add the Audible narration for $2.99. Total--$3.98.

There may be some benefit to buying from Downpour, such as favorable DRM status, of which I'm not aware.

Downpour--http://www.downpour.com/deals.
Amazon--https://www.amazon.com/Four-Years-St...dp/B01EK9BYME/.
Posts 150 and 151