Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #706
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I read two books

The Courtesan Duchess by Joanna Shupe. (2 stars)
I hated the hero in this.

Nine Rules...... By Sarah MacLean (4.5 stars)
Brilliant! The only reason I can't give it five is I can't remember the long title. Smart, strong flawed characters with a funny plot and a plus size heroine.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #707
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
See me dancing around the room. I finally found Naked in Death. It is on sale today for $1.99 at Amazon.
Ok, resume dancing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I did not like it. The second and third book are much better.
Personal opinion is some of the later books were better reads but you needed the foundation given by Naked In Death to better understand Eve and Roarke's history. Admittedly, I got hooked on the series reading my wife's copies -- when I run out of my books to read, I'll read damn near anything printed. Samuel C. Russell from Heinlein's Have Space Suit - Will Travel was my early hero in that respect.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-17-2017 at 01:24 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 AM   #708
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Samuel C. Russell from Heinlein's Have Space Suit - Will Travel was my early hero in that respect.
I love that book, I got a copy in Spanish and I enjoyed it a lot. It's still in my library.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #709
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

1) Sky Raiders - Michelle Diener

-Science Fiction Romance/Space Opera; Book #1 of a trilogy
-She's also published by Simon and Schuster/GalleryBooks/Pocket Star

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada

2) Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights Book 1) - Bianca D'Arc

-Originally published by Samhain in 2006
-Paranormal Romance, M/F/M

Amazon US---Not free in the UK & Canada when I checked
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #710
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free from Carina Press, the first three books in Marie Force's Fatal series. Below is the Amazon link to the free box set, but you can also go to the individual books and download separately as they are all free. Since this is a publisher deal, I'm assuming it's free on the other retailers also. I love this series, although like everything else, I'm a couple of books behind.

The Fatal Series Volume 1: Fatal Affair\Fatal Justice\Fatal Consequences

Spoiler:
From New York Times bestselling author Marie Force, the first three books in The Fatal Series, now available in one box set!

Fatal Affair

Washington, D.C., Metro Police Detective Sergeant Sam Holland needs a big win to salvage her career—and her confidence—after a disastrous investigation. The perfect opportunity arises when Senator John O'Connor is found brutally murdered in his bed, and Sam is assigned to the case. Matters get complicated when Sam has to team up with Nick Cappuano, O'Connor's friend and chief of staff…and the man Sam had a memorable one-night stand with years earlier. Their sexual chemistry still sizzles, and Sam has to fight to stay focused on the case. Sleeping with a material witness is another mistake she can't afford—especially when the bodies keep piling up.

Fatal Justice

Standing over the body of a Supreme Court nominee, Lieutenant Sam Holland is hip-deep in another high-profile murder case. The fact that she was one of the last people to see Julian Sinclair alive just complicates things even more. On the plus side, her relationship with Senator Nick Cappuano is heating up—but it's also attracting a lot of unwanted media attention and blinding flash bulbs.

The pressure is on for Sam to find Sinclair's killer, but a new lead in her father's unsolved shooting puts her in unexpected danger. When long-buried secrets threaten to derail her relationship with Nick, Sam realizes that while justice is blind, mixing romance with politics has the potential to be fatal…

Fatal Consequences

Lieutenant Sam Holland is back on the job. A woman has been found brutally murdered and evidence points to Henry Lightfeather, a senator and close friend of Nick's. While Sam investigates, Nick stands by his friend—complicating his own bid for reelection, and causing tension between the couple.

As Sam's investigation reveals a scandal that rocks the capital, Nick and Sam discover that the biggest threat to their future might be someone from her past…

Last edited by worktolive; 07-18-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: correct spelling
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #711
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
From Sourcebooks - the first three books in the Search and Rescue series by Katie Ruggle are $0.99 each and the fourth book is $1.99:

Hold Your Breath

Fan the Flames

Gone Too Deep

In Safe Hands
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #712
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you ever had a Harlequin Rewards code tell you condition of coupon not met?

I just redeem points and the the code given does just exactly that.

I had to use an old code.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #713
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Have you ever had a Harlequin Rewards code tell you condition of coupon not met?

I just redeem points and the the code given does just exactly that.

I had to use an old code.

Sent from my XT1528
No. I've had to have codes replaced in the past for giving error messages, but never that one.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #714
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Love on Tap (Brewing Love #1) by Meg Benjamin (B+/4 stars)
  • Falling for the Rebound Bride (Wed in the West #9) by Karen Templeton (D+/2 stars)
  • Contingency Plan (The Galactic Cold War #2) by Robyn Bachar (A/5 stars)
  • All I Want (Farmers' Market #3) by Nicole Helm (B-/3 stars)
  • Star Survivor (Sectors #9) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)
  • All's Fair in Love and Politics (Kapshaw #1) by Nicole Helm (B-/3 stars)
  • The Bonus Mom (MacKinnon Family #3) by Jennifer Greene (C-/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 7-23.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	158061  

Last edited by library addict; 09-04-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: changed grade for AIW, AFiLaP
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #715
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
No. I've had to have codes replaced in the past for giving error messages, but never that one.
I'll try it again tomorrow. Maybe it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #716
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I read two books this week.

How the Duke Was Won by Lenora Bell (4.5)
If I Only Had a Duke by Lenora Bell (5+)

I bought Blame it on the Duke by Lenora Bell

If you haven't read Lenora Bell Her books are full of crazy sauce. She's an auto buy for me now.

I'm reading

Blame it on the Duke by Lenora Bell
Ten Ways....by Sarah MacLean

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #717
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Heads up!

If you use Freading they now have HarperCollins books so far I have found Avon, Mira so I'm sure it's all there.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-24-2017, 11:45 PM   #718
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I'll check, because Freading does not have wait list.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:02 AM   #719
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you, I'll check, because Freading does not have wait list.
That's why I'm excited. They don't seem to have all titles no Julia Quinn, Sarah MacLean for example but they have Harlequins, Mira, Avon back titles like Edith Layton.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 07-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #720
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 2) by Amanda Bouchet - $0.99
Amazon US | Kobo | Google | B&N

Quote:
HE'S DESTINED TO DESTROY THE WORLD...
BUT NOT IF SHE CAN HELP IT

"Cat" Catalia Fisa has been running from her destiny since she could crawl. But now, her newfound loved ones are caught between the shadow of Cat's tortured past and the threat of her world-shattering future. So what's a warrior queen to do when she knows it's her fate to be the harbinger of doom? Everything in her power.

Griffin knows Cat is destined to change the world—for the better. As the realms are descending into all-out war, Cat and Griffin risk sacrificing everything they've fought for. Gods willing, they will emerge side-by-side in the heart of their future kingdom...or die trying.

The Kingmaker Chronicles:
A Promise of Fire (Book 1)
Breath of Fire (Book 2)
Heart on Fire (Book 3, coming Fall 2017)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote