Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 08:56 AM   #1
wwwhp2002
wwwhp2002 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW3 manga version
Jailbreak for PW3 manga version

Hello,

I got a Kindle PW3 manga version (32G) when I traveled in Japan. But I just notice Jailbreak is not supported . Is there any update on this? I want to jailbreak the kindle and install kindlelazy.

Thanks.
wwwhp2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwhp2002 View Post
Hello,

I got a Kindle PW3 manga version (32G) when I traveled in Japan. But I just notice Jailbreak is not supported . Is there any update on this? I want to jailbreak the kindle and install kindlelazy.

Thanks.
Have you powered it on yet?

Support for the PW3-32 is a work in progress.
As usual, no prediction can be made about future support.

It is known for certain that the factory firmware for the older PW3 models will brick it.
Somebody tried it and posted about it here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
wwwhp2002
wwwhp2002 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW3 manga version
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have you powered it on yet?

Support for the PW3-32 is a work in progress.
As usual, no prediction can be made about future support.

It is known for certain that the factory firmware for the older PW3 models will brick it.
Somebody tried it and posted about it here.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have already powered on it.
wwwhp2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwhp2002 View Post
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have already powered on it.
Too bad.

There are some special actions for a person to take when they power on the device for the first time.

What we really need is to be in touch with someone who has ordered but not yet received the device.
That way we can tell them what to do when they do receive the device.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
mvortex
mvortex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Manga Model
Smile

Quote:
Too bad.

There are some special actions for a person to take when they power on the device for the first time.

What we really need is to be in touch with someone who has ordered but not yet received the device.
That way we can tell them what to do when they do receive the device.
I came across this post just as I was considering buying a Kindle Manga in Japan.
What are the special actions required?
mvortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvortex View Post
I came across this post just as I was considering buying a Kindle Manga in Japan.
What are the special actions required?
Do you also have access to a Linux system?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
mvortex

Quote:
Do you also have access to a Linux system?
I could set one up. Would it also work with a virtual machine?
Presently I'm running Windows 10
Old 01-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I could set one up. Would it also work with a virtual machine?
Presently I'm running Windows 10
I have no way of knowing, but it requires direct device access.

I have no experience or knowledge of anything Windows more recent that Win95.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
I have no way of knowing, but it requires direct device access.

I have no experience or knowledge of anything Windows more recent that Win95.
Assuming he has a CD/DVD drive he should be able to boot a Linux Live CD of some sort. Without a CD/DVD he would need to prepare a USB boot of a Live image.

I imagine the Kubrick bootable system would work if he can get to a terminal window.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:39 AM   #10
mvortex

I have used linux before, although sparingly, and also have a cd drive.
What sort of actions are required? You want to create a copy of the os?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #11
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have used linux before, although sparingly, and also have a cd drive.
What sort of actions are required? You want to create a copy of the os?
Knc1 will need to give you the specifics as I don't know them, but there is a way to extract the information necessary to add support for new devices from a linux terminal window given a never touched device. Given you have a CD drive you should be able to burn a linux boot CD to use for this purpose. Knc1 might have a particular distro to recommend for this. You will need to boot the linux CD and then follow the procedure to extract the information. I would imagine you will also need a memory stick to store whatever you obtain, as I doubt you would want the linux boot to touch your W10 drives.

Dave
Old 01-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

I sent details by PM.
Let us not give Lab126 anymore lessons, nor even too many clues.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #13
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
I sent details by PM.
Agreed.

Dave
Old 01-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #14
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
I sent details by PM.
Let us hope they don't send spies!
But good thinking.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Let us hope they don't send spies!
But good thinking.
Right now, the playing field over Kindle add-ins is about level:
One department of paid, full time professionals VS. One old man.
or
One hive mind VS. One half mind.