Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #36421
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Trying to get the smell of apple cider vinegar off my hands. I had to bathe the little ones in it earlier to remove the fleas.
How did they get fleas? Do you let them outside?

Right now I am ignoring what needs to be done and enjoying a coffee and chocolate cookies.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #36422
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
How did they get fleas? Do you let them outside?
Nope, they are strictly inside ferrets. Honestly I have no idea though. All I can figure is that maybe they were hiding in a dormant state under the cabinets, waiting for a warm body to come along.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #36423
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Poor little guys. How did they like the vinegar bath? I've never had to deal with fleas. Do you have to treat the carpets too?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #36424
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Poor little guys. How did they like the vinegar bath? I've never had to deal with fleas. Do you have to treat the carpets too?
They don't care for baths in general. So you can imagine how upset they were today.

The carpets will needed be treated repeatedly over the next several months in order to ensure the infestation is completely eradicated. The buggers are just so resilient.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #36425
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I had a serious infestation of fleas a few years ago when I had my two kitties, and they never went outside. I was doing more yardwork than usual that year, and I guess they came in on my feet.

As a pet owner who has done it both ways, I can't say enough about how much happier I am with no carpets. Not nearly as hard to deal with fleas, and cleanup of any accidents (not to mention spilled seed under the bird cage) is so much easier.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #36426
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
They don't care for baths in general. So you can imagine how upset they were today.

The carpets will needed be treated repeatedly over the next several months in order to ensure the infestation is completely eradicated. The buggers are just so resilient.
!!! I just noticed your signature line, you lost your Mom!? oh sweetie, hugs!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #36427
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If I vanish - someone will need to rescue me from a HUGE web. I noticed last night during my after dinner walk - on the corner - an enterprising spider creating a huge web - from the branches of a pine tree (around 12 feet off the ground) down to a fire hydrant - one of the largest orb webs I've ever seen - haven't gotten a good picture of it yet - it's at a slant so that not all of it catches the light. The spider is huge as well - as I was rounding the corner I saw what I thought was a leaf hanging in a web - but it was the spider - visible to my poor eyes in the dusk several feet above my head ..... I must have stood there for 20 minutes or more watching her drop new vertical anchor lines and then start the circular orb threads. Beautiful.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #36428
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
time for glitter spray paint!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #36429
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing for a trip to Maastricht. My sister and I were planning to go in the second week of June, we even had train tickets, but the weekend before we were to go the fire happened. Yesterday I got a good offer for two daytripper train ticket for €25 (one return to Maastricht is €44,20). My sister is going to see if she can get a day off, if not I'm going by myself since I really need a day away.

I'm planning on visiting the church that has been made into a big book store, which is supposed to be beautiful.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #36430
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Preparing for a trip to Maastricht. My sister and I were planning to go in the second week of June, we even had train tickets, but the weekend before we were to go the fire happened. Yesterday I got a good offer for two daytripper train ticket for €25 (one return to Maastricht is €44,20). My sister is going to see if she can get a day off, if not I'm going by myself since I really need a day away.

I'm planning on visiting the church that has been made into a big book store, which is supposed to be beautiful.
It sounds lovely! Were you able to get refunds (or postpones) on the train tickets you couldn't use earlier?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #36431
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
It sounds lovely! Were you able to get refunds (or postpones) on the train tickets you couldn't use earlier?
No, unfortunately those train tickets were non-refundable. A couple of time a year you can buy day-tripper train tickets at a great discount (normally they are almost €50 per ticket), but they're non-refundable.

My sister doesn't have to work on the 15th and I can plan a day off, too. Now we have to see what we want to do and see when we're in Maastricht. Personally I love the traintrip as much as the actual day out.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #36432
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Rocking a teething baby boy to sleep.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #36433
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Poor little thing. I remember what it was like when my son was teething.

Making a fresh cup of coffee, as it keeps going cold before I can drink it.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #36434
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Got my flu shot today .... *ouch* .... arm is beginning to get sore & stiff ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #36435
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Got my flu shot today .... *ouch* .... arm is beginning to get sore & stiff ....
buck up chicken! when we got all of our shots in basic training, our drill sergeant took us out and made us do push ups until he was tired. we cursed the day he was born. but the next day we all had full use of our arms (yes we had so many shots, both arms were pin cushions), as opposed to the other platoons who could not lift their arms and were in tru misery

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?