Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
the device can't read SD card any more after..

Some hours ago, I met someone who sent me a message to buy my DR1000S. And he tried checking the status of the device. But he was a crazy person. While the device is being booted, suddenly he ejected the SD card. After the device is booted, it can't read SD card and displays no file on it. And it can't be booted anymore, just 'No memory card found' screen appears on it.
Is there a solution? I don't know where the problem is and what to do. Please help me if you know something about it.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Possibly the SD card got corrupted. You can check and fix the card in a PC.

When the problem persists, and the same occurs on different SD cards, you may have hit an issue where the system refuses to mount the SD card after erroneously files are created when no SD card was inserted. You can work around this by (re)installing a firmware update.

Take the SD card from the device, copy a firmware update to the card using a PC, insert the card back into the device and hit the reset switch. After the upgrade process, the SD card should be mounted correctly.

Last edited by Gertjan; 10-11-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Typo
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Possibly the SD card got corrupted. You can check and fix the card in a PC.

When the problem persists, and the same occurs on different SD cards, you may have hit an issue where the system refuses to mount the SD card after erroneously files are created when no SD card was inserted. You can work around this by (re)installing a firmware update.

Take the SD card from the device, copy a firmware update to the card using a PC, insert the card back into the device and hit the reset switch. After the upgrade process, the SD card should be mounted correctly.
Thank you very much for your kind answer! I'll try it just tomorrow because now it is midnight here and I don't have SD card reader now. And I'll post the result at this thread. Thanks again!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
bokjeid
Addict

Gertjan, I tried it just as you told and the problem is solved simply. Now it is turned on normally again. Just borrowing SD card reader took some time. Thank you so much!!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Same exact thing happened to my DR800 once. After getting really panicked, tech support gave me this same answer, and it worked perfectly.

Definitely a good trick to keep in mind.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert