Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Collections Sync Issue with Calibre and Kobo Aura H20

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura H20 and installed Calibre 2.31.0 64 bit on Windows 8.1 to manage my e-book collection. Because I like orgainzing stuff, I followed the Wiki instructions on managing Kobo collections, but came across a problem which I'd appreciate help with.

My collections data seems only to sync one way when I plug in my Kobo: from Calibre to the Kobo. It does not sync the other way around; Calibre overwrites changes I made on the Kobo itself. So, for instance, if I use my Kobo device to create a collection and put books in the collection, and then plug it in and sync to Calibre, Calibre will erase those entries and remove the books from the collection. However, if I enter the collection name(s) in Calibre for the books in my Library in the custom column I created as per the Wiki, and then plug in and sync the device, it updates.

My question is: Is there any way to enable two-way syncing on this so that I can organize my collections on the Kobo and then have those changes appear in Calibre upon syncing?

If it helps, I made my modifications as per the Wiki in the standard KoboTouch plugin. I believe I did my due diligence and searched the forums to find and answer to this question, but didn't find anything pertaining to this specific issue.

Thanks in advance! I'm really glad I found this forum after getting my first e-reader!
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, the collections sync using the driver is only from calibre to the device. There isn't enough information in the library or on the device to make a two-way sync safe.

There is a way to fetch the collections from the device in my Kobo Utilities plugin. But, again, it is one-way, and is intended for occasional use and assumes that the device management options are turned off in the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Thanks for the reply!
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo aura h2o