Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Brenda
Brenda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
PID using python kindlepid.py?

I am using Python's kindlepid.py and cannot come up with my mobipocket pid? Where do I input my Kindle serial number??????

Deleted by moderator

Last edited by mtravellerh; 08-26-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
you will want to open a command prompt window and type in the following command.

kindlepid.py yourkindleserialnumber

What will come back is the PID for your kindle

Important notes. Use all capital alphas when you type your serial number, and all the 0 are zeros. Post or personal mail me if you have any difficulties.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
spiegels
lifetime reader
spiegels began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Consider using Mobipocket 6.0; for some reason the python script didnt work for me but the Mobipocket did.
spiegels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
kdk
kdk is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Laptop (mac)
I have been trying to my PID from my serial number using kindlepid.py but everything I try just returns an error saying invalid syntax... I have been entering it in the format above and in all caps but I still get the error. I haven't ever used python before and I am probably missing something fairly obvious. what am I missing?
kdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk View Post
everything I try just returns an error saying invalid syntax
This sounds like an error from Python itself, rather than the script. Do you have Python 2.6 installed? Version 3.0 won't work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
kdk

I have python version 2.6.3 installed and I am using a mac if that makes a difference...
Old 10-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk View Post
I have python version 2.6.3 installed and I am using a mac if that makes a difference...
If you follow the link in the first post of this thread, it should help you with your Mac.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiegels View Post
Consider using Mobipocket 6.0; for some reason the python script didnt work for me but the Mobipocket did.
If you are running Vista, Mobipocket 6.0 won't show your PID. Only works with XP.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
kdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you follow the link in the first post of this thread, it should help you with your Mac.
thanks! that solved it