Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #31
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
...and you missed where it said you could turn the images off.
Leaving me with a massively bloated file which sucks up far more memory than a decently-formatted ebook with just text and any *relevant* images. Yep. Sign me up for all that space-wastin'!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #32
Ocean
Banned
Ocean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enough

Device: Proud G1 Kindle Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Leaving me with a massively bloated file which sucks up far more memory than a decently-formatted ebook with just text and any *relevant* images. Yep. Sign me up for all that space-wastin'!

Derek
If we're down to arguing about file sizes, you've lost. Memory is cheap.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
If we're down to arguing about file sizes, you've lost. Memory is cheap.
Yeah... Right... And you're going to re-imburse me when my Cybook Gen3 gets fried to a crisp when I try to retrofit more memory??? Didn't *THINK* so! And my Cybooks both have a *hard* 2GB limit on SD card memory size.

But then, maybe you're one of 'those people' who have money simply pouring off the money trees into your deep bank accounts and thus think nothing of "upgrading" to newer ereader devices each week, or when a cloud floats by, or when the clock ticks over to the next minute. Me, I have to budget tightly enough that it will be a YEAR before I can even dream of a newer reader - as long as no financial crisis hits our family.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #34
Ocean
Banned
Ocean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enough

Device: Proud G1 Kindle Owner
Yup, you've lost.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #35
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
"Vook"? I assume you read and watch them, and thus "wead" them? I am distressed at the thought my children will one day be weading vooks on a liseuse...
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #36
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Here's something truly innovative - http://www.hboimagine.com/

The brass ring is making stories more engaging with the use of digital media - that's what the Vook tries to do, and vucks up, but this is pretty cool. No veading or weading or whatever at all!
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Could be VERY useful for non-fiction. I'm a yoga nut so I might see if they have any yoga vooks and give it a try.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #38
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Any word on vooks for Nooks?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote