Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Exclamation Trying hard to give a hand to an experience writer to break into the world of ebooks

My story goes like this: a good friend of mine has asked me to repack her latest book in order to give the ebooks a try. This is not her first book and she's no stranger to book marketing so promotion is up to her. But where can a ebook be sold? So far none of her books are in English, but delivery to EU and site supporting UTF8 should be enough I think.

Also, I have read around about DRM. And they seem to be placed on by the big stores in order to protect _their_ sale. But some sort of watermarking would be nice. What do you know? What do you use? I guess the formats would be PDF, ePub and Mobi. Do you use anything else?
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Epub and Mobi tend to be the most commonly used formats I think. PDF isn't really that good a format for ereaders like the Kindle anyway. I don't know if it works well in other ereaders, but for Kindle PDF isn't very readable (IMO). As for where they are sold, take your pick. Amazon, SmashWords, etc. There are a lot of online stores that sell ebooks. Some authors even set up websites using things like paypal and sell books themselves that way.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
Oops. You were so swift with the answer, but I have missed it.

I wonder who uses lit these days.
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote