Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Thumbs up Just got a pocketbook 360

I met Forkosigan this sunday in his new office and brought home a shiny pocketbook360 -albeit in ivory, as he did not have any black ones available...
I have used it for some hours yesterday and had not one crash (I am scarred by the CybookGen3)! The functions and the usability show that the programmers have thought quite a bit before releasing the firmware and have produced a well rounded set of Features.
I will write more about my experience once I have used the device for a while

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I'm jealous! I anxiously await the US release of the 360. I only hope the reviews are positive. If so, the 360 is the answer to my search for my next reader.

I considered the Opus at first but continuing wait (2 years and counting?) for a Cybook 3 firmware release and reports of Opus freezes convinced me to wait for the 360. Bring it to the US soon, pretty please?
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I do not understand why they do not sell them worldwide(*).

PocketBook 360 is plastered all over about 20 Ukrainian and Russian on-line shops, and according to their site they sell it in many, many brick and mortar shops in Ukraine and Russia.

The only way to buy one at the moment is to order one directly from http://pocketbook.com.ua/.
In European Union - Germany - our member Forkosigan sells them, but only unofficially at the moment.

I very much hope I will be able to get one for Christmas.

(*) I know they do ship worldwide, but it would be complicated to pay for it, pay for customs and, in case the unthinkable happens, arrange warranty repair.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Folks, I beg you, please, have some more patience, and the shiny 360 will be available here in the US as well very-very-very soon.
As I already wrote couple of times - the worst case scenario, it will be the first decade of November. The best case - by the end of this week!!!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Folks, I beg you, please, have some more patience, and the shiny 360 will be available here in the US as well very-very-very soon.
As I already wrote couple of times - the worst case scenario, it will be the first decade of November. The best case - by the end of this week!!!
HAHAHAHA....and here I was thinking that a few weeks was a long wait...nice one!!

BTW, for the OP...sooooo, you got your cool new 360, huh? We HATE YOU!! ENJOY and I look forward to reading your comments. Both the PB 360 & PB 302 are on my short list.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

I wish I had one... physically they are not with me yet. But this is going to happen, sooner or later)))
Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I am so jealous! The ivory color one is so pretty. Can you post pic of it? I would like to see a real one in the wild. It is also good news that it may be available by the end of this week. I want this under my tree for Christmas!

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 10-27-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling error
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
Here is the thing you all have to understand. Us Cybook Gen 3 owners cring, shake, and almost faint at the word soon. That 360 looks sweet. Please, Please don't mean soon as in years as Bookeen does! That 360 under my Christmas tree would be wonderful.
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Guys, you can take my word for it - 360s will be under your X-mas trees. The stupidity of the situation is that I can't controll it at all - the goodies are en route and in the customs. When they arrive and when the US customs release them I'll get them the same day and will start selling them online.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Here a short review after some 20 hours of reading on the device:

First, I am even more impressed then I was in the beginning:
The software runs very stable and supports such things as the adding of Fonts from Windows (just drag&drop), user changeble margins while reading (!!!) - no more wasted screen estate- as well as auto hyphenation, and dictionaries.
I was surprised at how easy it was to write notes, even if the device doesn't have a touch screen. Today I will buy my first drm epub for the pocketbook and give it a test run with it too...

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I'm jealous! I anxiously await the US release of the 360. I only hope the reviews are positive. If so, the 360 is the answer to my search for my next reader.

I considered the Opus at first but continuing wait (2 years and counting?) for a Cybook 3 firmware release and reports of Opus freezes convinced me to wait for the 360. Bring it to the US soon, pretty please?

It's here already, please check the thread in this forum.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I am so jealous! The ivory color one is so pretty. Can you post pic of it? I would like to see a real one in the wild. It is also good news that it may be available by the end of this week. I want this under my tree for Christmas!

Ellen

It's available already, please see one of the threads in this forum.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 AM   #13
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake person View Post
Here is the thing you all have to understand. Us Cybook Gen 3 owners cring, shake, and almost faint at the word soon. That 360 looks sweet. Please, Please don't mean soon as in years as Bookeen does! That 360 under my Christmas tree would be wonderful.

Even earlier than that. Please look for one of the recent threads in this forum - PB 360 is available in the US!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
tufrostie
Enthusiast
tufrostie began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1100, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Today I will buy my first drm epub for the pocketbook and give it a test run with it too...

cheers,

kaas

So..... how did it go?

Lisa
tufrostie is offline   Reply With Quote