Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #76
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I was gone for two days....

Is it too late to suggest a Haruki Murakami title?
Yea.. pretty much. Also, this thread ran for more than two days.

Keep up!

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #77
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Thats okay.........I completely forgot to nominate

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #78
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thats okay.........I completely forgot to nominate

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"!
Dude... I so love that book. But, who hasn't read it?

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #79
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Dude... I so love that book. But, who hasn't read it?

BOb
Well worth reading again, don't you think?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #80
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Well worth reading again, don't you think?
Yes and no. There are so many books to read... I am not a re-reader.

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
BTW: Is "The Mote In God's Eye" available as an ebook? I don't see it in the Kindles store or on Fictionwise?

BOb
http://www.webscription.net/p-581-th...-gods-eye.aspx

Yes, it is available from BAEN for $5.00.

Does this mean the poll has to be scrapped and started over?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #82
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Yep... I saw that. Actually, it is part of the Baen free library. So, no charge. $5 is a suggested donation. Or maybe I am thinking of Time Traders that was in the free library. Man I'm OLD.

BOb
Old 12-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #83
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

Why on Earth should it? There's certainly no requirement that an eBook be "free" to be included in the poll.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:05 AM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why on Earth should it? There's certainly no requirement that an eBook be "free" to be included in the poll.
I didn't realize that A Mote in God's Eye was included in the poll. I knew it had gotten thirded so it should have been included. If it wasn't included, then I would think the poll would have had to have been started over. But as it's there, no harm, no foul.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #85
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I didn't realize that A Mote in God's Eye was included in the poll. I knew it had gotten thirded so it should have been included. If it wasn't included, then I would think the poll would have had to have been started over. But as it's there, no harm, no foul.
It is the first book on the list in the poll.

BOb
Old 12-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #86
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I nominate "1632" by Eric Flint. It's available in the Baen Free Library.

http://www.webscription.net/p-379-1632.aspx

It's alternate history SF, with the change point being the arrival of a section of North America from 2000 AD in the middle of Europe in 1631.
I subscribe this recommendation. I've been curious about this book, I think it's time I give it a try. My instinct says it has plenty of food for critique.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #87
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I subscribe this recommendation. I've been curious about this book, I think it's time I give it a try. My instinct says it has plenty of food for critique.
Sorry... nominations are closed. However, this book did make it into the voting. So, please find the MRBC January 09 poll thread.

Can this thread please be closed!

Thanks,
BOb
Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 AM   #88
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thread closed

Closed Thread