Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Translation: "Download" as verb or noun

I've started a Norwegian (bokmål) translation of the interface, and have problems with translating the word "Download" -- it needs to be translated differently depending on whether it's a noun or a verb. Does anyone know how those strings are used? I'm using the file from PB 623, fw version 4.3. The problem strings are:

Line 428: @Download=Download
Line 974: @OGDownload=Download
Line 1376: @SyncFolder=Download Folder (a folder for downloaded files, or an option to download a folder?)

(I will, of course, share the translation when I'm done.)
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know the answers, but I can see where they are being used (by searching for those strings in the available applications).

@Download only shows up in defaultstore.app. I see that there is a @Downloads translation, which indicates things rather than actions. So, I would guess that @Download would refer to an action. You can probably try defaultstore.app to see the context, though.

@OGDownload shows up only in UniversalSync.app. Maybe you can play with that application and guess the meaning from the context, as well.

@SyncFolder doesn't show up in any of the applications on my 623. So, if you guess wrong, it won't really matter.

Perhaps someone who can understand the translations in another language where the distinction is clear can give better answers.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Perhaps someone who can understand the translations in another language where the distinction is clear can give better answers.
hi, in /ebrmain/language (or similar, because this is on pb622) there are all the translations.

If you look french (fr.it) there are nouns (telechargement) and verbs (telecharger) corresponding to different events

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote