Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #16
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
well, I bought a "new" battery off ebay, and after I did that, I found powerbookmedic that sells the batteries as well, cheaper, from parted out kindles.

With this new battery, I am getting the same symptoms, of draining in 2-3 days.

I'm going to give the logic board another wash, and if that doesn't help, I'll just live with it.

I may be able to by a replacement logic board off that site, but I don't know that I want to mess with possibly blacklisted serial numbers etc.

That may be an advanced method of jail breaking though, buy several logic boards, and swap them out if you accidentally upgrade to far
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Move the board, not the serial number.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #18
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Move the board, not the serial number.
I don't think I understand. I'm assuming the serial is flashed onto the logic board, and by buying a replacement, I'm stuck with the serial that's on it.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I don't think I understand. I'm assuming the serial is flashed onto the logic board, and by buying a replacement, I'm stuck with the serial that's on it.
It is not burned into ROM*, the dev forum is the place to ask about moving it from an old board to a new board.
Hmm...
It might even be in our wiki but I don't know where.

(*)Your correct, it should be, but this is Amazon/Lab126 we are dealing with.

Last edited by knc1; 04-26-2017 at 10:29 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery drain, water, water-damage