Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Thumbs down Manually setting clock

Yes, I know it should be possible buy switching Whispernet operator. For some reason that approach doesn't work here in Sweden. My clock is two hours behind. Has anyone found a manual method?

Also, go to Home>Settings and then enter 611 or 411
People who knows how to write code may perhaps find those pages useful?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Using the date command with a shell access (ie. either via usbnetwork or a serial console) should do the trick.

But, I'd advise very strongly against using either of those methods if you're not *very* familiar with bare bone Linux system administration. If you don't know *exactly* what you're doing, you can very simply, and very effectively, brick your device.

That said, it's pretty easy to hack up a simple hacked update file which does just that.

Do you just need to adjust the hour, or is the date more skewed than that? (ie. over 5 minutes off)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-06-2010 at 04:51 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Linux commands are completely out of my realm. A man has to know his limitations and DOS is long gone together with my hacking capabilities.

It just surprises me that I don't have the option on the Manage My Kindle page on Amazon or some undocumented code for calling up a simple clock setting app.

The clock is two hours behind. Not a huge problem, but I tend to sit in coffee shops waiting for buses and trains and should I forget about the two hour difference I may be excessively late for some literary love tryst.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Check out the suggestions in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ndle+time+zone
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I am in the same situation as Jonas, for some reason the networks in Sweden do not provide time settings. Hence the need for manual setting.
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'll try to come up with a simple configurable hack to adjust the timezones in the next few days. Got a few things to check/try first
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Updated the firmware today, and alas now the clock is correct.
Thank you so much for all the help and support you have provided.

The only question now is; Should I root for Spain or Holland? Kind of difficult to root for a country that contains pain...
Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
oilcitysis
oilcitysis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
clock fix

Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
oilcitysis is offline   Reply With Quote