Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #1
cateroseg
cateroseg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Help with assigning correct page breaks and page numbers to a textbook [converting fr

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could offer me some advice.
I have a textbook which I have the epub for. The only problem is, that it doesn't have the correct page numbers when I convert to pdf through calibre.

The actual textbook has roughly 1800 actual pages, but when the epub was created it had to be made in to roughly 6800 pages due to the sheer amount of info on one page of a textbook.

I've looked through the html file and where there's a page break between "textbook page numbers" it says this

id="page_break_inline_7" data-previous="6" class="vbk-epub-pagebreak" epub:type="pagebreak" title="7">

6 being the page before and 7 being the page after.

I'm wanting to know what settings I need to be able to have the correct page numbers on the final pdf. So that when I'm asked to read for example, page 640 of the textbook, I can scroll to the correct pages.

Even if this means that in the pdf multiple pages have the same "page number" printed on the bottom, that would be helpful.

TIA Cate
cateroseg is offline   Reply With Quote