Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
Laval
Laval began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Custom list template

Hello I thank you for your reply. I would have one last question, I created a custom list template in my content server like this "Number {series_index} series {series}" and I would like to have the total number of books (5 in my example below) of the series. Ex: "Number 2 of 5 of the series (name of the series)".

Thank you!
Laval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As far as I know it's not doable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: kobo, android phone/tablet
That's too bad. I would like this feature as well.
filmgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:04 AM   #4
RomanukcJdi
RomanukcJdi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmm, a very interesting question, I know that such a list can be made in the usual Notes application on an iPhone.
RomanukcJdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #5
RomanukcJdi
RomanukcJdi began at the beginning.

Device: none
But with a computer it's a bit more complicated. If I'm not mistaken, it is simply impossible to do it on a computer. But there is one interesting way out, such a list can be made using a standard template. At work I needed to find a list template of a certain format, thank goodness that my friend advised me a site to do list template, where many formats of templates are collected. So I recommend you to look for something like this too, and then you can find the right template for your content service. Good luck.
RomanukcJdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2022, 04:41 PM   #6
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laval View Post
Hello I thank you for your reply. I would have one last question, I created a custom list template in my content server like this "Number {series_index} series {series}" and I would like to have the total number of books (5 in my example below) of the series. Ex: "Number 2 of 5 of the series (name of the series)".

Thank you!
caliber knows the number of books in each series, but cannot access those values? why?

You can see the number of books in each series from the series tab in the gui or in manage series.

A crappy solution that I am using is to use the "Author Book Count" plugin (which counts ALL the books of an author, not of the series, but it is an approximation) with this I create a custom column that shows the number of books of the author in the columns of the books that belong to a series.

I leave you this personalized column in case you are interested.

Code:
##### config to display a column with the title [serial no./total serial no.] -> dune [01/3]

#author_book_count column  (### you should hide this column ###)
has the number of books per author (using the Author Book Count plugin)

column #is_series (### you should hide this column ###)
(obviously, for books that do not belong to any series, it counts them as series of 1 book, we are not interested in that)
(that's why this column is hidden and will serve as an auxiliary column, to show this information only if it belongs to a series)
{series} [{series_index:0>2s}/{#author_book_count}]

column #series_total  (### this is the kind of column you are loking for !! ###)
(if the column 'series' is blank #series_total is left blank, otherwise we put what the column #is_series says)
program:
  if field('series')==''
    then ''
  else
    field('#is_series')
fi
You will see in the new column

Title [actual book with 2 digits format filled with 0 / Total serie books]

Example:
Dune [01/3]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	series2.png
Views:	192
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	193739   Click image for larger version

Name:	series3.png
Views:	187
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	193740  

Last edited by wiso; 05-09-2022 at 04:47 PM.
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
I just play around a bit and found a solution to show series "a of x"
But this maybe a performance issue and should not be used for a big library or only for subsets and in (normally) hidden columns.
There are a lot of example in the forum for number-format tweaking, if needed.

1. Preferences - Advanced - Tweaks - set "allow_template_database_functions_in_composit es = True" (only available with Calibre 6 and up)

2. Add column - "column built from other columns" and output "text"

3. Copy this code into the column template:

Code:
program: 
# Returns the series_index together with the last number in a series (or nothing for book with no series),  e.g. [2/5]

if field('series') then 
   this_series = field('series');
   books_in_series = book_values('title', 'series:="' & this_series & '"', ',', 0);
   highest_series_num = 0;	
   for title in books_in_series:
	title_index = book_values('series_index', 'title:="' & title & '"', ',', 0);
	if title_index > highest_series_num then
	    highest_series_num = title_index
	fi
    rof;
    series_idx_max = "["&field('series_index')&"/"&highest_series_num&"]"
else
    series_idx_max = ""
fi;
output = series_idx_max