Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #76
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Mom is supposed to go to the nursing home tomorrow. It will be a load off of me and better for her since they will have care for her 24/7 which is something I can't provide myself. Being the caregiver 24/7 all by yourself isn't easy even when you are in tip top health but when you have a chronic illness (I'm diabetic) it becomes even harder since sometimes my needs have to come before hers. I mean if she needs something but my blood sugar is low I have to take care of that before anything else. I won't be any use to her if I pass out from low sugar levels after all.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #77
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm sorry you had to make this choice, but it certainly sounds like the best one in your circumstances. When my father was ill, and the doctors were suggesting he could linger on for months as he grew increasingly unable to breathe, we looked into home health care. I was quite surprised to find out - at least where he lived - we couldn't find anyone to have 'round the clock coverage. Our only option was a nursing home or family (there were more of us, but only one who lived nearby).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #78
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you FizzyWater. As it is it does seem to be working out well so far. She's one door down from my fiancee (the lady with me in my avatar). And she knows the nurses, CNA's and other residents from when she was there last year due to problems with her Chemotherapy treatments. They give excellent care and set a very good table as well.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #79
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Just got back in my apt at 7:30 a.m. A fire broke out in Apt. # 7 in my apt. building around 4 am this morning. No one was hurt but the police and fire depts. cleared everyone out of the building and several of us spent several hrs at Monroe Bible church waiting to find out if we still had a home to go back to. I gather it was contained in apt. #7 which is a blessing. There is a strong smell of smoke yet in the air but the damage was apparently contained to a small area. Thankfully no one seems to have been hurt. God was keeping an eye out for us.

Edit: A bit of irony as well. Yesterday in the mail our new phone books arrived.

Last edited by crich70; 02-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 AM   #80
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom is getting worse. Often when she is in her wheelchair she dozes. I don't know if it's her pain meds, her brain cancer or a bit of both, but she is slowly slipping I think. A couple I know from church work at the Manor and the wife (Lisa) told me that she looks in on mom when she has a chance (she does the laundry while her husband, Ron, is the fix it man) and on Saturday mom didn't even get out of bed. I plan to go see her and lisa (my fiancee) today.
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 11:34 PM   #81
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom is getting confused. They upped her pain meds due to her brain cancer and now she thinks that someone has been running some kind of odd tests on her. That someone is out to hurt her or something. The nurse tried to reassure her that nothing of the sort was going on but she is convinced of it.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:51 AM   #82
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom's body is slowly shutting down. I'm spending the night here at the Manor with her as a precaution. The nurses say she likely only has a day or two left.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:26 AM   #83
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Mom's body is slowly shutting down. I'm spending the night here at the Manor with her as a precaution. The nurses say she likely only has a day or two left.
I'm sorry. You've got a sorrowful and lonely vigil.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #84
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm sorry. You've got a sorrowful and lonely vigil.
During the day they have had ladies from Hospice stopping in to sit with her which gives me some reprieve but it is hard having to see her suffer so. She has pain and they can only give her liquid morphine every hour or so. Plus she can't drink now so water is given by a sponge on a stick. My aunt Kathy and one of my cousins (her daughter Barbara) stopped in to visit her today. I had called her up on Thursday to let her know how bad mom is doing. I wanted for her to have the chance of saying good bye.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:13 PM   #85
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Sending prayers your way, crich!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #86
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

My subconscious is playing catch up with the rest of my brain today. I got up with a low blood sugar and had an early breakfast without insulin. Then later I laid back down as I was still tired. Then I had a dream. My dad was still living and mom rather than being gone from brain cancer was being affected by something else. I come home to the apt. and it's full of whispy smoke. I look around trying to find out what's going on. Then I see it. She'd lit a cigarette and rather than laying it down in an ashtray she had put it back lit end first into the pack where it caused the pack to smoulder rather than burst into flame. I manage to put out the pack of cigarettes and turn to speak to my dad about the problem (we can't leave mom unattended) and of course he's nowhere to be found. Mom of course passed almost 4 months ago on March 25th and dad has been gone since 1996.