Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #16
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
Hey paola - translation is almost good. Should be

After flashing the device to version 2.1.2 you must connect the device to your PC and in folder system delete the file explorer.
Try this :

1. Remove 'explorer' folder.
2. perform - "Clean state" (Configuration-->Maintenance-->Clean state)
3. If it doesn't work back up your PB and format intermal memory.
4. If it still won't help, reflash the reader. First with beta 2.1.2 than with RC.
5. Inform us about the results.

6. ???
7. Profit!
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
gosh, this is sounding really good, there are annotations in pdf - can't believe it! cant' wait to do the update!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
Try this :

1. Remove 'explorer' folder.
2. perform - "Clean state" (Configuration-->Maintenance-->Clean state)
3. If it doesn't work back up your PB and format intermal memory.
4. If it still won't help, reflash the reader. First with beta 2.1.2 than with RC.
5. Inform us about the results.

6. ???
7. Profit!
thank you! I do have two folders, though, "explorer" and "explorer-2" shall I remove both of them, or just one?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I removed "explorer".
Old 10-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
paola
Wizard

thank you - boy, I am pelased. True, it is not yet possible to annotate djvu files, but the pdf annotation is now very decent, and EPUB annotation is much faster - this is what I had bought this device for, and I am glad we finally got there. well, ok, almost. Given the history of the "old" 360, I had anticipated it would take a year for my PB903 to be up to scratch, and now I am glad they are finally shaping up. Still more to do, but finally things seem to be moving for real. So much so that I may get a PB912 for the rest of the family, so please stop me, as I am getting carried away
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
rocep
rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ipad 2
notes

Someone who already upgraded to the new FW can tell if highlights and hand writings are lost after the upgrade?

Last edited by rocep; 10-03-2011 at 05:50 PM.
rocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #22
paola
Wizard

and have you seen the web-browser: it works, changes orientation, a decent version of midori: at last!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #23
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocep View Post
Someone who already upgraded to the new FW knows can tell if highlights and hand writings are lost after the upgrade?
I only had one annotated book (obviously EPUB in 2.1.1), and it does indeed look like it did lose the notes - I have done a backup before upgrading, though, so I'll see if they can be retrieved.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
osowiecki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
and have you seen the web-browser: it works, changes orientation, a decent version of midori: at last!!!
Isn't it "Arora Browser"?

http://code.google.com/p/arora/wiki/Screenshots
Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #25
rocep
rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I only had one annotated book (obviously EPUB in 2.1.1), and it does indeed look like it did lose the notes - I have done a backup before upgrading, though, so I'll see if they can be retrieved.

I will thank if you comment the result after trying to retrieve the notes.
rocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #26
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
So i'm the only one to have problems with AdobeViewer....

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 10-03-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #27
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
All right!

I have the 902 running 2.1.1, it worth the upgrade and, what is the procedure?

I hace read some upgrade issues..
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #28
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
well I am not sure: it really looks like the original Midori, but improved, but I could of course be wrong, I did not have enough time to play with it.

@rocep: sure, I'll check tonight and let you know.

@ skydive: to me, this is a massive improvement - I literally only had about 10 minutes to play with the new firmware, but I was thoroughly impressed - now, apart from no annotation in DJVU files, which is of course importatn (still stuck with the "copy as image" technique), it is functional, at least it does what I wanted it to do in the first place - annotate pdfs, browse the internet and read comfortably. If you want to be double sure, give yourself a couple of days more to see how we get along, in case some major bug appears.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 AM   #29
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
So i'm the only one to have problems with AdobeViewer....
Ok, i have re-updated... and now it works... happy
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #30
abijah
Enthusiast
abijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with others

Device: kobo aura h2o
This firmware is great. I like multitask and enhanced key mapping.
abijah is offline   Reply With Quote