Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #46
swmkdr
swmkdr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
I had a failure on my end too
Yep, me too. Seems I was a little too quick to upload the files etc. Either way, looks like we'll have the update in the next couple days.
swmkdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #47
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Dammit, I wonder why these updates dont work, when others have.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #48
Meya
Meya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I think the post over on Amazon's Kindle board about everyone getting the update tomorrow was tongue in cheek.

Here's another thread from someone who said they spoke with CS with details on what was said.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/for...DiscussionsNew
Meya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #49
DaisyCakes
DaisyCakes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Dammit, I wonder why these updates dont work, when others have.
The ones that work are probably ones that were grabbed before they were installed (possibly by people who have hacks on)
DaisyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #50
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lots of people are reporting getting it now - on Amazon forum so maybe this time CS wasnt wrong. Leave your kindles awake if you can - mine was awake when it arrived, not asleep.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #51
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
There's another thread on the forums here that has the 2.3.4. to 2.5 update.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #52
ereadx
ereadx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Hey,

Sorry guys these files are not working. But I did notice something very peculiar in Recuva right after it got updated. First we all know that two files were dropped in the kindle. But Recuva says that the recovery status of the file is Poor. Could it be Amazon is doing something to the file(s) as soon it gets updated.

Also as a side test - I want people who have a 2.3.3 firmware have a registration date of April 23 to do a manual sync and check for new items - couple of items in a sequence.

I did this twice. First time it says nothing new (no update), but second time I did Sync and check for new items - it did not say anything and I could see the animated downloading icon on the top left of the screen spinning and I was confident that the Kindle is downloading the 13MB update file. And I did buy my Kindle in January of this year.

I know that someone in this forum also received the update by doing a manual sync for new items option.

Thanks
ereadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #53
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Lots of people are reporting getting it now - on Amazon forum so maybe this time CS wasnt wrong. Leave your kindles awake if you can - mine was awake when it arrived, not asleep.
Ah well, was worth a shot.

Looks like someone is going to be re-reading the Dark Tower series by Stephen King (his magnum opus, multitudes better than anything he's ever written) all night tonight...

That ought to keep it awake
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #54
Pushka
Wizard

yes, I admit this morning to doing a restart and check for new items, moan groan and bitch about not getting the update, left it on and had a shower, came back and the update had arrived. Now all this might be coincidental, (I have been doing this multiple times a day for the last 2 weeks) but maybe worth a shot? I will do the recuva again but I think I picked up all the files that were recently updated.

If it is any consolation I am not using the kindle collections just yet. Sorry guys, I really wanted to have a collective party here.

Ok, so I am seeing that the second file I uploaded has been overwritten by the first file (the bin file), and that the bin file (first file) has been overwritten by a book in the kindle - yet I have not touched the kindle since I saw that it had updated - other than to do the recuva file.

Can we do screenshots here somehow?

Last edited by Pushka; 05-13-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #55
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Lots of people are reporting getting it now

I have had wireless on for a week, been reading until 1 am, just went to the kindle store, then checked for new items twice, and nothing. When am I supposed to stand on my head and recite the Amazon mission statement backwards? Is that before or after I take off all my clothes?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #56
Pushka
Wizard

I sacrificed a virgin this morning Sydney's mom. Seems to have done the trick but took me a while to find one at my age!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #57
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
I sacrificed a virgin this morning Sydney's mom. Seems to have done the trick but took me a while to find one at my age!
Sitting in a corner, crying
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #58
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Can we do screenshots here somehow?
You could always hit print screen and paste it into paint and then attach the file using the additional options to upload the attachment.

It's below the submit reply button.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was having a conniption.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #59
Pushka
Wizard

I know Sydney's mom, I know. But it seems like there is a proper rollout happening now, so hopefully in the next couple of days. Bummer my links didnt work but Amazon has maybe worked out how to stop file sharing now, by imbedding a book into the process perhaps.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #60
Pushka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
You could always hit print screen and paste it into paint and then attach the file using the additional options to upload the attachment.

It's below the submit reply button.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was having a conniption.
Ah Ok, I didnt realise this forum allowed that - some dont.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dump.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	51540