Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Change to interface font doesn't stick

I'm running Calibre 3.17.0 on Linux. I want to change the interface font.

I went into the Look & feel preferences and set the new font (to Inconsolata) and hit Apply. The new font took effect immediately! and I was prompted to restart Calibre.

After the restart, the font has reverted to the old font. When I view Look & feel again, it says that my current font is Inconsolata, but that's not true.

I've tried deleting the entire calibre config directory and starting from scratch, but it doesn't help.

I am able to set other preferences options with no problem.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are probably using calibre from your distro package. Use the official calibre instead from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
That fixed it! Thank you.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
That fixed it! Thank you.
I found that I had a lot better luck bypassing my distribution's repository. Since I'm using Linux Mint 17.1 (based on Ubuntu 14.04) I would be stuck at Calibre 1.25 at this point. But even when my repository was closer to current, the version from Calibre "direct" was a lot better. Even my laptop, where I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) the Calibre version in the repository is 2.55. Downloading from Calibre's site, I can use the same version across Linux versions (even on Widows 8.1, a partition I have on the laptop for Sony, Kobo and ADE mostly).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, gui