Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Except I name the files for what they are - Preface, Foreword, Prologue, Chapter_1. . ., Chapter_N, Epilogue, Afterword, Endnotes, References, Index etc.

BR

Hmmm : I've never seen a Postface
I used to name the text files with meaningful names but came to realize that I was the only person who would see them so why bother. Especially when my wife claims that using frontispiece as a filename was linguistic elitism. But then she considers knowing caring about the differences between apices and vertices as elitist.

I have two reference books that use a postface and one science fiction story where the postface explains that the premise of the story was disproven by Stephen Hawking. For the most part, it's appendixes or appendices (your choice as to spelling) ad nauseum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:30 PM   #17
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I used to name the text files with meaningful names but came to realize that I was the only person who would see them so why bother. ...
I rename them with meaningful names when I'm dealing with a book with a large number of files other than the text portions. It helps me with the editing to be able to select the Acknowledgements file easily without having to remember that it is "nnnn_split-42" or whatever. I'm also more likely to name the files intelligibly when the editing will span more than one session. It's easier to find Chapter 42 to fix a typo when the file is named "Chapter 42". When I'm just doing a quick fix to the CSS on a book I've just converted I generally don't bother to rename files.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:33 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
... one science fiction story where the postface explains that the premise of the story was disproven by Stephen Hawking.
One can probably assume the sci-fi author was po-faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
I rename them with meaningful names when [. . .] easier to find Chapter 42 to fix a typo when the file is named "Chapter 42".
for essentially the same reasons, and its rare that I don't rename the file(s), even if there's only one, it gets renamed to something like 'article' or 'letter'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:35 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Question...Where did that Philip K. Dick eBook come from?
His example is available on Amazon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, clean calibre library