Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of Sony's Digital Paper would you rather buy:
Locked down as DPT-R1 is now 10 33.33%
With Android 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Poll: would you prefer DPT-RP1 as it is or rather with Android?

Please vote which version of Sony's Digital Paper would you buy.

Last edited by fgdas; 02-15-2018 at 10:39 AM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #2
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
I assume "With Android" means the original Sony UI "as well as" an Android system that users can access. I like what Sony does with the note taking and PDF reading functions. They are simplistic, stable, and easy to use. I just want Android to unlock the device's potential (eg. ability to read epub/mobi/txt, page turn with Bluetooth joysticks or the like on a third-party reading software, access to cloud storage, etc.)
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Please add another option:
With the same functionality that DTP-S1 offers.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
I don't like ereader device with android and acces to Play store for downloading third party software, so as my car, my car is one purpose device, run with security, reliable and sure, i don't want open the motor-cabin to change piecess in it!!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

I had tested many third part reader from Play Store, on onyx boox devices, cm67, nm97 and the last max carta, these are "open to third party from android", i tested this reader:
moon-reader, intifnity reader, gitden helicon books, ezpdf, lithium reader, ereader preqstigio, alreader, aldiko, cool reader, azardi, ideal reader, so many reader!!no one does as well as neoreader of OB, why? neoreader is well suited to eink device, not the others reader are for tablet and lcd display
Old 07-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
I had tested many third part reader from Play Store, on onyx boox devices, cm67, nm97 and the last max carta, these are "open to third party from android", i tested this reader:
moon-reader, intifnity reader, gitden helicon books, ezpdf, lithium reader, ereader preqstigio, alreader, aldiko, cool reader, azardi, ideal reader, so many reader!!no one does as well as neoreader of OB, why? neoreader is well suited to eink device, not the others reader are for tablet and lcd display
Yes, neoreader is good, and so is oreader. Boox has done a good job for its pre-installed readers, especially after the latest updates. This is what makes me really want to have third-party readers on RP1, as I've known the pleasure of reading mobi/epub on a good reading app (by the way, moonreader is actually also quite good on eink, though I agree with lems1995 here -- it doesn't beat the tailored onboard Boox readers.)

But besides readers for side-loaded documents, I'd also like to access the online contents I may have bought or subscribed (having a 13.3 screen makes one want to reread lots of things just to enjoy the screen,) which, unfortunately, is not possible, unless we hacked RP1.

Boox Max C or whatever the latest model is called might also be a possible choice. But I would rather go for RP1 and wait for a hack (free or at a reasonable price) rather than Boox (340g vs. 550g, 1g ram quad-core vs. 1G ram single core, touch vs. supposedly better contrast but no touch, both near US$699).

Last edited by antistar; 07-20-2017 at 10:27 AM.
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't like ereader device with android and acces to Play store for downloading third party software, so as my car, my car is one purpose device, run with security, reliable and sure, i don't want open the motor-cabin to change piecess in it!!
If you do not want to loose your illusions and keep dreaming then do not watch this video:
https://youtu.be/jIEfPlvnLFw?t=12m58s
Old 07-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
fgdas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
Please add another option:
With the same functionality that DTP-S1 offers.
I can hear you and understand your point but both S1 and R1 are locked down readers.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #9
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Boox Max C or whatever the latest model is called might also be a possible choice. But I would rather go for RP1 and wait for a hack (free or at a reasonable price) rather than Boox (340g vs. 550g, 1g ram quad-core vs. 1G ram single core, touch vs. supposedly better contrast but no touch, both near US$699).
So I would if RP1 would have Epub capabillty, Max Carta and RP1 are the same price!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
If your car is new, it may not be as secure as you think.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #11
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If your car is new, it may not be as secure as you think.
My car is a BMW brand, it is secure and i paid for that, like i would pay for a well fiinished ereader device, the quality has price.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #12
lems1995
Zealot

Remarkable seems on the market, has Os adapted to the device, Linux not Android, and some integration with third party, productivity services not applications, i thing is good thing to have more competitors.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #13
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
My car is a BMW brand, it is secure and i paid for that, like i would pay for a well fiinished ereader device, the quality has price.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/28784...rive-hack.html
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #14
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Of course that's confort me in intelligence of mankind!!!

Last edited by lems1995; 07-20-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:02 AM   #15
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
And this is only the visible part of the iceberg.

I mean, if the motorists club discovered this, I wonder what a true hacker would have discovered... Please note this is not speculation: I know some details from someone working at BMW with this stuff. The person told me that the bosses at BMW hoped that nobody would know how to do this (protection by obscurantism) but s/he is glad that some things appeared in the press, so they (the bosses) are forced now to face the truth and invest more money in developing better security.

I specifically picked up a car without online services neither with keyless system.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote