Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #61
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You do know that 4.3.8945 is the latest firmware and you might want to give that a go.
Might want to give this advice in the 4.3.8942 thread, where that user originally posted.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Might want to give this advice in the 4.3.8942 thread, where that user originally posted.
Nope. I'm hoping the user reads all the new posts and will see that in this thread. I'm trying to move/steer the discussions to the new firmware thread.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #63
camelriders
Enthusiast
camelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy bluecamelriders can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Okay, this isn't the first time in the past two weeks that I have factory reset my H20 but after I tried to roll back from 8945 the device bricked.

I recovered it and was going to put 8945 back on to see if it will work after a factory reset (previous releases after 3.19.5761 have not worked after a factory reset), and I decided to let the device upgrade itself to see if it would do a two stage upgrade process as others have seen - I figure if it wants to it's no accident.

Well, it upgraded to 8842 and then 8945 and the device is working properly, so far I have not noticed any issues.
camelriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #64
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Updated my Kobo Aura over wifi without any problems. Still the old homescreen (yay!), and my reading stats were restored (yay!), but it seems the bug is still there where minutes are counted as hours. I had a book open for a few minutes, and my total hours went from 517 to 520.
Yes, that's what it does. I've been reading all afternoon and it added about 200 hrs.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #65
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nope. I'm hoping the user reads all the new posts and will see that in this thread. I'm trying to move/steer the discussions to the new firmware thread.
Quoting them in this thread with a reply isn't going to get their attention, by the time they read your post they'd already have had to browse the Kobo forum and they'd have seen this thread there. However posting in the thread they posted in, with a link to this thread, would have directed them here.

tl/dr - you're directing nothing by commenting in the thread you want to direct people to.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
And the reading stats are off again! Instaed of 7 hrs reading time per book it shows 72 hrs.
The problem with the reading stats has not been fixed. Kobo know about it and hopefully are working on it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:34 AM   #67
Mcnorton
Mcnorton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch, kobo Glo, kobo aura one
Interested to read about the sync issue link to overdrive. I had the sync issue with my kobo aura one and this update has fixed it.
BUT I can no longer use overdrive. If I sync my borrowed books don't appear. If I try borrowing direct from the device I get an error inviting me to go to the library website, borrow there and sync (which doesn't work as they don't appear). I've signed out of overdrive and in again . I haven't yet tried a factory reset. I don't tend to tinker in the background with patches as I am not confident. Anyone else with the same problem? I have contacted kobo and await a reply.....
Mcnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 AM   #68
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
On my Kobo Mini, using these 4.x firmwares removed the Sleepcover option from the Energy saving menu, rendering my expensive cover useless. Very annoying. Is there any way to get it back or inform the developers somehow?
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have yet to have a OTA update since I upgraded to 4x firmware. Maybe that's a good thing.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #70
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
On my Kobo Mini, using these 4.x firmwares removed the Sleepcover option from the Energy saving menu, rendering my expensive cover useless. Very annoying. Is there any way to get it back or inform the developers somehow?
You could try adding a line in the Kobo ereader configuration file. I had some trouble with the whole light system not working on my Aura HD and an addition there was quick and easy and worked.

Plug the reader into the computer and navigate to KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo if using Windows. The .kobo folder is a "hidden" one, if you can't see it in Windows search in the Settings to make hidden files visible; I gather the Mac has a different process of gaining access. Open the Kobo eReader file with a text editor that respects Linux line endings such as Notepad++ and find the heading

Quote:
[PowerOptions]
and add to the list below it
Quote:
SleepAccessoryEnabled=true
Save and disconnect the ereader safely. Check whether it has worked. You may have to cycle the power off and on.

Sorry if this is overkill on details but its very late here and I'm off to bed and didn't want to leave you waiting for more info.

Good luck
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #71
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem with the reading stats has not been fixed. Kobo know about it and hopefully are working on it.
Thank you, David!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #72
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by imkh View Post
You could try adding a line in the Kobo ereader configuration file...
Thanks, but that line is already in the conf file without my adding it :-S
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Technically, the 4.3 firmware is not released for the Mini. 3.19.5761 is the last firmware for the Mini. So complaining to Kobo isn't going to work. What you could do is ask Kobo why the new firmware has not been released for the Mini.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-11-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkh View Post
You could try adding a line in the Kobo ereader configuration file. I had some trouble with the whole light system not working on my Aura HD and an addition there was quick and easy and worked.
What was it you did to get the light system working again? Thanks.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #75
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
What was it you did to get the light system working again? Thanks.
they literally state what was done in the rest of the post.