Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #16
marioz
marioz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950 Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD Kobo h2o KA1
Kobo released a few new firmware in the past weeks. Fixed a few bugs,but the activity bug is still there....at least I still have it.
marioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:41 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioz View Post
Kobo released a few new firmware in the past weeks. Fixed a few bugs,but the activity bug is still there....at least I still have it.
Sorry, what's the "activity bug"? I suspect you mean the reading stats problems, but I'm not sure.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 AM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
To all those who complained that Kobo was not releasing firmware often enough: May you live in interesting times.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:39 AM   #19
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
To all those who complained that Kobo was not releasing firmware often enough: May you live in interesting times.
Kobo didn't release a new firmware fore more than a year to the older models (3.19.5761 to 4.2.8432) and now it release five firmware in one month, two in a few hours difference.

I'm sure they are going to release a new firmware next week to fix this problem.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:37 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Kobo didn't release a new firmware fore more than a year to the older models (3.19.5761 to 4.2.8432) and now it release five firmware in one month, two in a few hours difference.

I'm sure they are going to release a new firmware next week to fix this problem.
Kobo are fixing problems that they have let in that cause data loss (the collections issue, a problem with account repair). Plus, they are fixing problems with a new feature. This is Kobo Plus, which unfortunately most of us won't be able to use for a while.

The screen corruption you refer to is not one I think will be fixed in a hurry. While it is ugly, all you need to do to clear it is tap the home button.

Oh, I do think Kobo made a mistake with no releases for the other devices last year. But, if they had, we all would have been dealing with the sync issues that were introduced in those firmware releases. Luckily we had the Aura ONE buyers as crash test dummies.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:42 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Oh, I do think Kobo made a mistake with no releases for the other devices last year. But, if they had, we all would have been dealing with the sync issues that were introduced in those firmware releases. Luckily we had the Aura ONE buyers as crash test dummies.
That's why this One owner let others be the dummies, I never trust updates anyway until they're a few years old
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:44 AM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
This is Kobo Plus, which unfortunately most of us won't be able to use for a while.
Please, tell What's that, I don't remember to have listened about it.

Edit: I made my homework (later but still....) The new subscription system, ok
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:45 AM   #23
marioz
marioz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950 Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD Kobo h2o KA1
Quote:
Sorry, what's the "activity bug"? I suspect you mean the reading stats problems, but I'm not sure.
Yes you're right. it's exactly reading stats. With the last three firmware it went crazy.
I don't know whether i'm the only one having the problem since don't see anybody complain about it.
marioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioz View Post
Yes you're right. it's exactly reading stats. With the last three firmware it went crazy.
I don't know whether i'm the only one having the problem since don't see anybody complain about it.
Yes, it definitely went crazy. It has been reported to Kobo. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This firmware has been superseded by 4.3.8945. Nothing to see here. Please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284349
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #26
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Slight problem - with rakutenbooks you don't get Overdrive. I changed it back to Kobo and confirmed it still had the syncing issues. Then I changed it to KoboIndigo. It syncs like it should and now I have my library books too.
My Aura One's affiliate is Kobo, and my syncing issues now seem to be resolved.

First I did a manual sync and got 8945. However, the sync icon would just keep spinning and my last sync date was still back in Feb. Then I discovered I was signed out of Overdrive. After signing back in with my library card, no more sync issues. Not sure whether it was one or the other or both that did the trick. Or maybe the sync gods decided I'd been punished enough!

At any rate, I thought I'd mention this for others to know that the Kobo affiliate isn't necessarily a problem with the 8945 update.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ka1