Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #151
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you see the sleep image being re-displayed on wakeup (and flickering as a result of it) you most likely are using a wrong signature somewhere. It's hard to tell what the correct signature is in the current system, I want to improve it but not sure when I get around to it...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #152
Hikarou
Hikarou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi everyone,

It is my first day with a Kobo Glo HD (my first eBook at all) and my first post here. (I don't know if there is a topic for presentations)
I want to thank frostschutz and give my parameters in return.
It is in french and in firmware 3.19-ich.
Code:
offset=145
standby=a7ddbb85cdb177012fe6a8d8ae852b1b
poweroff=87ab2b0f2a78f1a59d3f9ecb112d5070
If someone wants in other languages I can give you the parameters afterwards.

Thanks again from Switzerland!

Hikarou

Edit : We bought two Kobo Glo HD, one for me, one for my girlfriend. I Copy/past the parameters and went well

Now, if you want to share with me your screensaver images I'll be happy.
I'm going to try to do some with some macros I have and I'll share later

Last edited by Hikarou; 02-11-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Hikarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:16 AM   #153
Glukkkk
Enthusiast
Glukkkk began at the beginning.

Device: Forma _ KSM-9 _ vlasovsoft
Question

How do you get the values "standby" and "poweroff"?

These data I do not work:

"
Here are my settings:
eBook Reader: Kobo Aura H2O (international)
Firmware: 3.19.5761
Language: English
offset=145
standby=e3b115f0c3e42bcef1afcbbb4f10e6da
poweroff=bdec713d2c1a2b9ebc9db6dead7a788f

"
Glukkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #154
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the first post, see the link "how to use scanline mode", there you will find the instructions on how to get those values.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #155
Glukkkk
Enthusiast

Question

I tried to do with this instruction. But scanline.txt file is not created.
I installed the hack KSM_8. This may be the reason?
Old 02-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #156
frostschutz
Linux User

I don't use KSM myself so I don't know; this mod only affects nickel.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #157
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glukkkk View Post
I tried to do with this instruction. But scanline.txt file is not created.
I installed the hack KSM_8. This may be the reason?
You say that scanline.txt did not get created, but did you see the scanline getting visually displayed on the screen? If the scanline did not appear, are you sure you set "method=scanline" and "debug=1"?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #158
Glukkkk
Enthusiast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You say ...
You say that scanline.txt did not get created, but did you see the scanline getting visually displayed on the screen?
- No, I do not see.

If the scanline did not appear, are you sure you set "method = scanline" and "debug = 1"?
-Yes, I installed.

UPD

1. I did a hard reset.
Installed firmware 3.19.5761 (0e028f3185).
Install and configure ("method = scanline" and "debug = 1") KoboRoot-ScreenSaver-20150908.zip
But scanline.txt file is not created ....

2. Set this:
Language: English
offset=145
poweroff=bdec713d2c1a2b9ebc9db6dead7a788f

Screensaver does not work...

3. I did a hard reset.
Installed firmware 3.18.0.
Install and configure ("method = scanline" and "debug = 1") KoboRoot-ScreenSaver-20150908.zip
But scanline.txt file is not created ....

Serial number Kobo H2O: N2505A490####

Last edited by Glukkkk; 02-15-2016 at 04:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #159
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikarou View Post
Hi everyone,

It is my first day with a Kobo Glo HD (my first eBook at all) and my first post here. (I don't know if there is a topic for presentations)
I want to thank frostschutz and give my parameters in return.
It is in french and in firmware 3.19-ich.
Code:
offset=145
standby=a7ddbb85cdb177012fe6a8d8ae852b1b
poweroff=87ab2b0f2a78f1a59d3f9ecb112d5070
If someone wants in other languages I can give you the parameters afterwards.

Thanks again from Switzerland!

Hikarou

Edit : We bought two Kobo Glo HD, one for me, one for my girlfriend. I Copy/past the parameters and went well

Now, if you want to share with me your screensaver images I'll be happy.
I'm going to try to do some with some macros I have and I'll share later

Oh ! Thanks a lot ! I was waiting for these with so much laziness
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:38 AM   #160
frostschutz
Linux User

What are you using to edit your config file? Editing with MS Notepad/Wordpad will probably break the file. Use notepad++ and save it with Unix newlines (\n), charset: UTF-8 without Byte-Order-Mark.

Apart from that I have no idea what could be wrong...
Old 02-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #161
Glukkkk
Enthusiast

Talking

I have used and MS Wordpad and notepad++...
The result was the same...

UPD
I don't know what the problem was.
But now everything works.
Three times I did reset to factory settings immediately after the first registration.
Then set up the config file in Notepad++.
After the transition to sleep mode immediately appeared right line.

Thank you all! The war is over!

Kobo H2O: N2505A490####
firmware 3.19.5761 (0e028f3185)
KSM_8
Metazoa firmware patch

offset=145
poweroff=62aed5baa23b6f925d79d836b221ebf5

Last edited by Glukkkk; 02-15-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:38 AM   #162
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Just to mention, one time I tried to change settings of nickel editing it's config file. For some reason change didn't take 2 or 3 times, I was confused as you now.

I think you need to make change and restart, then check to see if it's actually recorded (saved). Why this happens, can't say, but had similar experience.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #163
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Just to mention, one time I tried to change settings of nickel editing it's config file. For some reason change didn't take 2 or 3 times, I was confused as you now.

I think you need to make change and restart, then check to see if it's actually recorded (saved). Why this happens, can't say, but had similar experience.
That's not my experience. I frequently make changes to the config file and they always take affect when I disconnect. There probably is some setting that needs a restart, but I can't think of one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #164
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's not my experience. I frequently make changes to the config file and they always take affect when I disconnect. There probably is some setting that needs a restart, but I can't think of one.
Likewise, though with this screensaver mod you do need to reboot after making changes to its config file, not to the kobo config file.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #165
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was changing

Code:
CurrentLocale=en_GB
Reason I did this was that I have date/time info I'm more accustomed to.

Maybe some settings are easier to get remembered, but thing is, when I looked at the file, changes weren't there.

I use editor that respects original file encoding (win or linux), so I'm sure that my editor isn't problem.

Who knows, maybe I did something wrong, but usually editing files isn't too complex task for me. I'm just saying, that was pretty perplexing. On the other hand, now I'm exclusively on KSM+Koreader, so I don't mess with nickel.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote