Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Problems? Solutions!

Hi all,

in this thread I will post all the solutions to the most common problems.
Please don't reply in this post, but leave your comments or reports in the right place

Thanks for your support

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

After installing, W2E doesn't starts

Problem:
after the installation, I see the three icons, but pressing one of these I get an error.

Solutions:
  1. Please close OOo and restart it. When upgrading W2E, the icons look to the "old" extension, that is removed.
  2. Please check in the Tools>Extension Manager that there is just only extension called Writer3ePub. If not, please remove both, reboot OOo, and reinstalling the last version.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Unsupported features

This is a partial list of unsupported features that can cause problems to W2E:
  • Text Frames: the text farames are ignored, and the content will be loose in the generated ePub. Sometimes a text frame can crash W2E. Please send to me any file that causes crashes.
  • Fonts Embedding: is planned for a future revision. The checkbox in the preference panel is inoperative at the moment.
  • Tables: images or some formatting of the text inside table is not yet full supported.
  • Free image positioning: due to a limit of the ePub standard, is not possible put an image freely along the text. Only images positioned on the left or on the right of the page are correctly displayed on the ePub.
  • Images: the images must be anchored to the paragraphs. If the images are not anchored to the paragraph, you can have problems in image displaying.

Last edited by eBookLuke; 08-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
Matsendrasana
Matsendrasana began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there, I hope this is the right place for my post.

I never got writer2epub to work. Currently I am using 1.1.20 under LO 3.6.3.2
It gives me the following error:
Quote:
===== Writer2ePub Log ======

✔ Start SaveWorkingFile
✔ End
Error 1: Es ist eine Ausnahme aufgetreten
Type: com.sun.star.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
In Module: A_Main - At line : 261
Same thing happened under LO 3.5 with an earlier version of writer2epub. There seems to be nothing special about my document. Just headlines, text, few images, hyperlinks and a table of contents.

Last edited by Matsendrasana; 11-13-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Matsendrasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsendrasana View Post
I never got writer2epub to work.
Please verify:

1) install the full LibreOffice/OpenOffice package, not only Writer. W2E needs resource from Draw, Calc, Math and others…

2) remove and reinstall a fresh copy of w2e (please read your MP)

3) delete temporary files and folder (yourbook_W2E_folder)

Luke
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Matsendrasana
Matsendrasana began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, thanks for the 2.0 BETA. It runs farther, but finally breaks in module Traverse in line 957 with some "out of bounds error". It happened during exporting of paragraphs. Afterwards I had to kill LO (soffice.exe) via Taskmgr.

BTW, I got a warning that some formatting styles are ignored. The list shown in the message seems totally random...

P.S.: Forget to mention that I'm using LibreOffice Portable. All parts are available.

Last edited by Matsendrasana; 11-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Matsendrasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsendrasana View Post
Hi, thanks for the 2.0 BETA. It runs farther, but finally breaks in module Traverse in line 957 with some "out of bounds error". It happened during exporting of paragraphs. Afterwards I had to kill LO (soffice.exe) via Taskmgr.

BTW, I got a warning that some formatting styles are ignored. The list shown in the message seems totally random...

P.S.: Forget to mention that I'm using LibreOffice Portable. All parts are available.
Please send to me the odt file…

Luke
Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
draknan
Enthusiast
draknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the roughdraknan is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
Hi,

I use te 1.1.20 versión and have some problems:
- Lists and sublists are not correct, specially sublists with numbers and letters.
- After a sublist, the paragraph just behind is treated as a sublist also, and all the text behind him, and it apears tabed.

I have the last version of LibreOffice full instaled. I will send you the file, so you can study it all.

P.D.: excuse me for me english.
draknan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by draknan View Post
Hi,

I use te 1.1.20 versión and have some problems:
- Lists and sublists are not correct, specially sublists with numbers and letters.
- After a sublist, the paragraph just behind is treated as a sublist also, and all the text behind him, and it apears tabed.
Hi,

please send me a sample .odt to verify the first problem.
About the second problem, you're right. If there is an Header1-6 or other style different from a standard paragraph after a list, the list itself will be not closed.
A workaround is to insert a paragraph after the list with a single space inside.

Thanks

Luke
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
This is a partial list of unsupported features that can cause problems to W2E:
  • Text Frames: the text farames are ignored, and the content will be loose in the generated ePub. Sometimes a text frame can crash W2E. Please send to me any file that causes crashes.
  • Fonts Embedding: is planned for a future revision. The checkbox in the preference panel is inoperative at the moment.
  • Internal links: not yet available, work in progress.
  • Tables: images or some formatting of the text inside table is not yet full supported.
  • Free image positioning: due to a limit of the ePub standard, is not possible put an image freely along the text. Only images positioned on the left or on the right of the page are correctly displayed on the ePub. Moreover, a bug in the code can misplace or doubling this kind of the image, please send to me such files to help to diagnose the bug.
  • Images: the images can be anchored to the page, to the chapter, to the charachter or as a charachter. If the images are not anchored to the paragraph, you can have problems in image recognizing.
Luke,

I know this post is a couple of years old and you now have Font embedding working -have you any plans to support text frames ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
faredoon
faredoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Problem with OO

Hi Luke,

Firstly, thanks for the software.

I have been experiencing what I believe is an AOO error. This kind of error comes up in AOO 3.x and 4.0.1.

In AOO 3.x, the following is the error:

The error in 4.0.1 is a bit different, but pretty much related to some AOO package, along the lines of java.sun.com/XXX/XXX etc.

I think I have installed the complete AOO package (137 MB download).
faredoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faredoon View Post
I have been experiencing what I believe is an AOO error.
It seems an AOO related error…
Try:
– remove W2E, reboot AOO, download a fresh W2E, reinstall it, reboot AOO.
– Remove and reinstall AOO

Luke
Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #13
jrobertson127
jrobertson127 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Apostrophes and Quotations

Hello!

I'm trying to convert text from a website into an epub to read on my Kobo, but when I convert, both apostrophes and quotation marks show up as & instead. It did it with the original copy and paste I did, and then I went back in and did a find and replace, and I'm still having the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jrobertson127 is offline   Reply With Quote