Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
stmbtbob
stmbtbob began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook transfers

I would like to transfer my e-books (ePub) on my old Nook to a new Nook. Is there a way to do that with Calibre?
Any help appreciated.
stmbtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Barnes & Noble does not allow acces to purchased books over a USB connection.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
stmbtbob

I have transferred 100's of books to my old nook from my computer (all Epub).
All have been over USB connection. None have been purchased from Barnes and Noble.

There must be someway to transfer off of the old Nook and put them on a new Nook.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtbob View Post
All have been over USB connection. None have been purchased from Barnes and Noble.

There must be someway to transfer off of the old Nook and put them on a new Nook.
Uh! why not attach both to your PC WITHOUT Calibre running, and use the OS to copy from Old to New?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:

Why try to tranfer from your old nook if you already have them on your PC?
edit
Just copy from your PC to new Nook, just as you did with the old one.

You want your new nook to have the same books then start calibre connect to old nook use the Reading list plugin to make a list of books on the old nook, eject the old nook connect to the new nook select the list you just made and transfer to nook.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 02-24-2018 at 03:50 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
With Calibre, download your books to it from the Nook, then hook up the new Nook, upload your books to that one.

Without Calibre (if the books are on your computer), just copy the books from your book directory into the correct directory on the new Nook.

I think Kovid assumed (as I did) that you wanted to transfer Nook DRM books via USB (instead of using B&N's website). So the answers are different depending on the situation.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
stmbtbob

Thanks for all suggestions. I didn't get into details but my computer was a complete wipe out (Dell replaces motherboard, Samsung the SSD). Backup to NAD was corrupted (no idea why and Acronis spent hours without success). I did get the files download from the old Nook into Calibre and reloaded into new Nook so mainly need to organize now.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thanks for all suggestions. I didn't get into details but my computer was a complete wipe out (Dell replaces motherboard, Samsung the SSD). Backup to NAD was corrupted (no idea why and Acronis spent hours without success). I did get the files download from the old Nook into Calibre and reloaded into new Nook so mainly need to organize now.
Your experience sounds like why I backup my laptop to a cloud account and 2 local hard drives, one of which is stored at work. Experience is a hard teacher.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote