Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Adding a 'Read' Toggle to Book Detail panel + metadata

Hi,

Is it possible to add a 'Read' toggle to the 'Book Detail' panel to quickly toggle an ebook to 'Read'?

Is it also possible to add a column to contains the date a book was removed from a device?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to add a 'Read' toggle to the 'Book Detail' panel to quickly toggle an ebook to 'Read'?

Is it also possible to add a column to contains the date a book was removed from a device?
Preference: Add your own columns

If you use a Date type, simply editing (mode: F2) puts today's date there
You need to track things like this by doing those entries manually unless you device has (status accessible by a plugin, like the Kobo Utilities) where a Plugin can update the libraries user column (eg Finished date).

If you remove a book from the device, how does Calibre even know it WAS on the device? ... You
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preference: Add your own columns

If you use a Date type, simply editing (mode: F2) puts today's date there
You need to track things like this by doing those entries manually unless you device has (status accessible by a plugin, like the Kobo Utilities) where a Plugin can update the libraries user column (eg Finished date).

If you remove a book from the device, how does Calibre even know it WAS on the device? ... You
I think I found an easier fix: Mark Books (control M on Linux)

Argh, it's not permanent, marking doesn't persist app closure

Last edited by Amon_Re; 09-15-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
Amon_Re
Zealot

I don't suppose it's possible to add a shortcut to toggle a Y/N column? I tend to only use the Cover View and I can't find any way of doing it from that view
Old 09-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I don't suppose it's possible to add a shortcut to toggle a Y/N column? I tend to only use the Cover View and I can't find any way of doing it from that view
Try posting a message in the Plugin ideas... thread requesting a Y/N toggle plugin, someone might have one already, or DaltonST might consider adding a feature to his JobSpy plugin.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #6
Amon_Re
Zealot

Done, fingers crossed that someone better at Python than me can make one
Old 09-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
I use the Reading List plugin, assign a shortcut for a list (see Other Tab).
Also in the plugin's settings, "When changing this list": Update column for add/remove...
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Done, fingers crossed that someone better at Python than me can make one
I added a line to your request

uli's idea is a good one, try it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
Amon_Re
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I added a line to your request

uli's idea is a good one, try it.

BR
Toying with it right now
Old 09-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Amon_Re: You list your device as a Kobo Aura ONE. My Kobo Utilities plugin includes function to automatically fetch the reading status for a book from the device. It can get the percent read and the last read date.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:56 AM   #11
Amon_Re
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Amon_Re: You list your device as a Kobo Aura ONE. My Kobo Utilities plugin includes function to automatically fetch the reading status for a book from the device. It can get the percent read and the last read date.
Forgot to update my device, sorry. Just recently switched to the Likebook Mimas