Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #781
mobama
Addict
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Psuta View Post
Good news.
Now Aqua 2 please, because last firmware (April 2018) is worse than older one (5.17.641).
New firmware version 5.20.797 is out for Aqua 2 https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/ne...ketbook-aqua-2
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #782
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
In my country, the PocketBook is distributed under the "Vivlio" brand. I*figured that this would not be a problem but I*realise that I*don't have the Dropbox sync on my Vivlio PB632. Is there a way to install the original PB firmware on it?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #783
Lykke
Enthusiast
Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
In my country, the PocketBook is distributed under the "Vivlio" brand. I*figured that this would not be a problem but I*realise that I*don't have the Dropbox sync on my Vivlio PB632. Is there a way to install the original PB firmware on it?
Did you try to install the firmware manually? Download the newest firmware from here: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3

I got these steps from PB support once. Maybe they'll work for you too:
1. Download the software file.
2. Unpack the content of the archive, file SWUPDATE. BIN, and copy it to the root folder of the device.
3. Switch off the device by pressing button On/Off.
4. Press and hold both Backward and Forward buttons.
5. Switch on the device by pressing On/Off. Hold both Backward and Forward buttons until the message Updating firmware… is displayed on the screen.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions with pictures.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #784
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
Did you try to install the firmware manually? Download the newest firmware from here: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3

I got these steps from PB support once. Maybe they'll work for you too:
1. Download the software file.
2. Unpack the content of the archive, file SWUPDATE. BIN, and copy it to the root folder of the device.
3. Switch off the device by pressing button On/Off.
4. Press and hold both Backward and Forward buttons.
5. Switch on the device by pressing On/Off. Hold both Backward and Forward buttons until the message Updating firmware… is displayed on the screen.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions with pictures.
Thanks a lot, I*will try that !
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #785
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
I'ts possibly the wrong topic, but do anybody knows if 631\Touch HD2 will receive a firmware upgrade? Thanks.
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:09 AM   #786
philco67
philco67 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux trs1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Thanks a lot, I*will try that !
Hello,

did someone succeed flashing a Vivlio HD plus with original pocketbook firmware ?

The local 'french touch' Vivlio has removed dropbox & pbsync functions on the device... I suppose to constraint readers going through commercial library for automatic loading of bought files...

Philippe from Belgium
philco67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:26 AM   #787
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: KOBO Libra H2O, Kobo Clara HD, Inkpad 3, BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by philco67 View Post
Hello,

did someone succeed flashing a Vivlio HD plus with original pocketbook firmware ?

The local 'french touch' Vivlio has removed dropbox & pbsync functions on the device... I suppose to constraint readers going through commercial library for automatic loading of bought files...

Philippe from Belgium

Vivlio = ancienne TEA
Oui. Si vous n'utilises pas les libraires Vivlio/Cultura, vous pouvais.
TEA bondonné développement de leurs firmware, alors ils ont préféré changer leur nom pour Vivlio.
* Je recommanderais plutôt d'acheter les liseuses directement à partir de Pocketbook, comme chez les revendres TEA ou Vivlio..

----------------------------------------------
TEA = Vivlio.
Yes .. If you do not use booksellers Vivlio / Cultura, you could.
TEA bonded development of their firmware, so they preferred to change their name to Vivlio.
* I would rather buy the eReaders directly from Pocketbook, like at TEA or Vivlio ..

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-31-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:03 AM   #788
Alephy
Alephy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philco67 View Post
Hello,

Philippe from Belgium
Yes i have done it and it's work fine but you loose your library for bookland and you win much more applications
Alephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:16 PM   #789
cassini
cassini began at the beginning.

I received message about new firmware for PB TL3 from July 30.
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f....1157_user.zip
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:41 AM   #790
Lykke
Enthusiast
Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Lykke has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post
I received message about new firmware for PB TL3 from July 30.
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f....1157_user.zip
Yep, but the most annoying bugs for me have not been fixed. For some books the device will still freeze when it's calculating the page count, and Norwegian hyphenation has still not been added despite this being a quite popular device in Norway. I reported these to support about a month ago.
The PB reader is just buggy and slow in general for me. I thought this was just a natural limitation considering the hardware, but Coolreader functions much more smoothly.

But it's nice that they're still updating the firmware, hope they will keep it up

Last edited by Lykke; 08-03-2019 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #791
eMole
Connoisseur
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Essence
You can add your own (Open-/LibreOffice) hyphenation dictionary by simply copying it to the corresponding folder on the device, at least on PB631.

Hyphenation CAN be the cause for crashes while calculating page numbers. I found that strings like 1956-ban, 2000-ben, etc. caused crashes (may have been fixed since then), so as a precaution I replace those hyphens with non-breaking hyphens before uploading. No crashes at all for me, I only use the stock reader app, I don't care about CR.

Last edited by eMole; 08-03-2019 at 07:44 AM.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #792
Lykke
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
You can add your own (Open-/LibreOffice) hyphenation dictionary by simply copying it to the corresponding folder on the device, at least on PB631.

Hyphenation CAN be the cause for crashes while calculating page numbers. I found that strings like 1956-ban, 2000-ben, etc. caused crashes (may have been fixed since then), so as a precaution I replace those hyphens with non-breaking hyphens before uploading. No crashes at all for me, I only use the stock reader app, I don't care about CR.
That's nice, I didn't know that. I got a Norwegian hyphenation dictionary for Libreoffice, but can't get it to work. The only folder that contains hyphenation files are in PB626/system/adobe/hyphenDict The pattern of the file I have looks exactly like the others.

Seems like a strange location for hyphen files, though, since Adobe Reader has been deprecated.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #793
eMole
Connoisseur
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Essence
First, I forgot to write that I only read ePubs. No idea for hyphenation in other formats.

Codepage matters. UTF-8 works for me, check your dic file (it's just text). Also the name must be hyph_XX.dic where XX is the two letter mnemonic for norwegian.
And yes, I put it where all the other hyph files are, under adobe. Try it with a freshly loaded book, turn hyph. on-off-on to force a refresh.

I'm pretty sure the reader app uses some Adobe code: no support for small-caps, a typical Adobe issue.

This solution worked for me for HU language also with ADE. Since then PB added proper hyph_hu.dic to the firmware, but I keep overwriting it with mine (OpenOffice) because the stock one does not support non-standard hyphenation (like: vissza - visz-sza).
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:44 AM   #794
Lykke
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
First, I forgot to write that I only read ePubs. No idea for hyphenation in other formats.

Codepage matters. UTF-8 works for me, check your dic file (it's just text). Also the name must be hyph_XX.dic where XX is the two letter mnemonic for norwegian.
And yes, I put it where all the other hyph files are, under adobe. Try it with a freshly loaded book, turn hyph. on-off-on to force a refresh.

I'm pretty sure the reader app uses some Adobe code: no support for small-caps, a typical Adobe issue.

This solution worked for me for HU language also with ADE. Since then PB added proper hyph_hu.dic to the firmware, but I keep overwriting it with mine (OpenOffice) because the stock one does not support non-standard hyphenation (like: vissza - visz-sza).
Thanks for the explanation. Sadly it doesn't work for me. I tried every variation of hyph_no.dic that I could think of, and I formatted the files in UTF-8 and tried it with some Norwegian books that I've never loaded before. Maybe the TL3 just doesn't support this.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #795
muiwuwei
muiwuwei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Installed Pocketbook firmware for Vivlio version of Inkpad 3

I followed the instructions of Lykke(many thanks for them) and installed the new firmware from pocketbook on my Inkpad 3 that I ordered from https://www.decitre.fr/liseuses/lise...152095542.html
I do not understand why they would remove chess and Sudoku which I play occasionally. Also, I guess as many others, I am not too keen on some of these commercial interfaces.

But now, my Inkpad has been set free into the matrix.

Lykke, I thank you for the instructions and my Inkpad 3 seems to be working well for the moment being. Maybe I will read some Knausgård. Love live e-readers.
muiwuwei is offline   Reply With Quote