Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not really. The OP may have forgotten that there still needs to be ePub2 fallback .
Sure. And they may have forgotten a couple of hundred other irrelevant things that need pointing out.

Stick to epub2 threads, Jon. You've made your position on epub3 abundantly clear. You're incapable of giving unbiased epub3 advice.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:12 AM   #17
AliceWonder
Connoisseur
AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AliceWonder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Please stick to the technical epub questions. Political or Religious commentary is not allowed in the public forums
My apologies, I was out of line.

-=-

Regarding ePub2 - I made a decision that I am not going to worry about conforming to it.

Also off topic to nav but ePub2 does not support media queries, as soon as I read that I lost any interest in ePub2. Media query support in ePub3 is big enough of a deal that I have no doubt ePub software which doesn't support ePub3 is going to quickly become the exception. So supporting both means a lot of additional effort for a handful of users, just not economical when users do not pay a lot for eBooks.
AliceWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceWonder View Post
My apologies, I was out of line.

-=-

Regarding ePub2 - I made a decision that I am not going to worry about conforming to it.

Also off topic to nav but ePub2 does not support media queries, as soon as I read that I lost any interest in ePub2. Media query support in ePub3 is big enough of a deal that I have no doubt ePub software which doesn't support ePub3 is going to quickly become the exception. So supporting both means a lot of additional effort for a handful of users, just not economical when users do not pay a lot for eBooks.
If you don't make your eBooks ePub2 compatible, then some who want to read your eBooks may not be able to especially if they are using older software on older devices.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:28 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you don't make your eBooks ePub2 compatible, then some who want to read your eBooks may not be able to especially if they are using older software on older devices.
Stop it Jon. You can't force this thread to be about what it's not about.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toc