Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the name "Kindle"?
I love it! 34 26.56%
I like it okay. 51 39.84%
meh. 22 17.19%
I don't like it. 11 8.59%
I loathe it! 10 7.81%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #31
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
And since the thread has been revived, I'm going to be mean and say it sounds better than a confusing PRS-XXX avalanche (650, 750, 500.34?).
I also admit to liking the name of the "nook".
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #32
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
And since the thread has been revived, I'm going to be mean and say it sounds better than a confusing PRS-XXX avalanche (650, 750, 500.34?).
"Nook" is cute but a bit empty..it seems to need a little more to it, a little something to make it sound more inviting. "Reading Nook " is too obvious, though.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
How is saying I have a 650 more confusing then you saying I have a Kindle. When I say I have a 650, it's a known model. You know which Sony I have. If you say I have a Kindle, I have no idea which Kindle you mean. So unless you say I have a Kindle 3, or Kindle DXG, I have no idea which Kindle you have.

So the name Kindle without any version qualifier is confusing. 650, 350, 950, etc. are all specific to the model Reader they are.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #34
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
The Sony Defense Force has arrived .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote