Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Problem in metadata editor

To make the description readable on my Kobo I usually set the "font-size" parameter to "1em" in the "Commentaires" (fr) ("Description" ?, "Comments" ?) field in HTML mode. This time I noticed this parameter is erased as soon as I click on the "Vue normale" ("Normal view" ?) tab. I tried to modify it directly by editing the book but the same bug occurred.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the backwards incompatibilites section of https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/thirteen
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo
The new rendering engine for comment deletes irrelevant CSS rules (and deletes invalid attributes)

Page reference all CSS supported for the "new" comments
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html

Noted that somes rules will be moved into attributes if possible (example: style="text-align: justify;" move to align="justify")

Last edited by un_pogaz; 10-08-2019 at 09:02 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
How can we define some rules? Inside the tag, I mine, not as an external css.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
The new rendering engine for comment deletes irrelevant CSS rules (and deletes invalid attributes)

Page reference all CSS supported for the "new" comments
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html

Noted that somes rules will be moved into attributes if possible (example: style="text-align: justify;" move to align="justify")
Before: I modify <div> in <div style="font-size:1em">
Should be now:<div style="font-size:medium"> or <div font-size="medium"> if I follow the instructions on the Qt page. None of them works though, that is changing tabs erase the edit.

Last edited by bernard.ryefield; 10-08-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: precision added
Advert
Old 10-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur

For some reason the description is now readable on my device (I mean the font is big enough) even without specifying it in the HTML/CSS tab of the metadata editor. The bug still stands though if I'm doing things correctly.