Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #16
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I like the new viewer for reading. I don't read on my desktop and I use the viewer just for checking things and I think the old viewer might be better for that. But this new one will do. I don't really have a problem with it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:50 AM   #17
nkormanik
Enthusiast
nkormanik began at the beginning.

Device: none
Really like the new side status/slider bar in e-reader 4.1.

If one keeps the mouse on that side bar, no display of the black triangles. Plus all the other benefits: Knowing where one is in the text. Being able to drag it up or down to where you want to go in the document. Etc.

Excellent addition!!

Last edited by nkormanik; 10-08-2019 at 06:05 AM.
nkormanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #18
nkormanik
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Since some folks seem to find the triangles very annoying, I tried setting the margins to 5/5/5/5 pixels to minimize "wasted space". I've attached an image of the triangle when I hovered on the right margin.
I prefer large margins which creates lots of plain white space surrounding the text. Beautifully uncluttered.

Nice to know, though, that those huge black triangles can somehow be reduced in size.

Seems the best thing to do is to offer option not to show them. You know, like, a little check box?

__ Want huge black triangles in margins distracting you continually??

NOOOOOOOOO.........
Old 10-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Huge?
They were tiny. by tiny I mean smaller than any of icons in this reply box. Plus the auto-hide, meant I really had to look to locate them. AFAIK I had pretty much default viewer settings (paged mode)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC depending on margin size their size goes up to 75px I guess I can make the max size 25 px instead, so they will be about as large as the mouse cursor.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #21
nkormanik
Enthusiast

YES!!!! Kovid, you da man!!!

Another note, while I have your attention:

Sometimes the side scroll bar is missing.

No idea why that happens.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There should be no side scroll bar in paged mode, you mean flow mode?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #23
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
Following on from nkormanik's post there might be some wider glitch re the Scroll Bar in 4.1 as I have a different issue with it.

In Paged Mode with Show Scroll Bar unchecked when I open a book there is a scroll bar. The scroll bar stays as I navigate through that book. If I then go to Preferences and open the Scrolling Behaviour tab then without doing anything at all return to the book, the scroll bar is gone.

If I close and open the book again the same issue is repeated.

Windows 10 64bit.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not an problem for me, but I can't see any obvious difference between Paged mode or Flow mode, and I get the scroll bar irrespective of what mode I have set. Here's my Layout settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-09 124704.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	174070

I have Show a scroll bar checked, I use the scroll bar button to give me a visual indication of where I am in a book.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-08-2019 at 09:59 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5174a530bfd55d
Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #26
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:38 AM   #27
nkormanik
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There should be no side scroll bar in paged mode, you mean flow mode?
All I know is that sometimes the scroll bar shows up, and I like it.

Please make it easier to pick whether the scroll bar shows up or not.

Like, for instance:

__ Do you want a scroll bar??

YES!!!!
Old 10-09-2019, 12:41 AM   #28
nkormanik
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Following on from nkormanik's post there might be some wider glitch re the Scroll Bar in 4.1 as I have a different issue with it.

In Paged Mode with Show Scroll Bar unchecked when I open a book there is a scroll bar. The scroll bar stays as I navigate through that book. If I then go to Preferences and open the Scrolling Behaviour tab then without doing anything at all return to the book, the scroll bar is gone.

If I close and open the book again the same issue is repeated.

Windows 10 64bit.
Ditto. Exactly what I was trying to say.

Just a humble suggestion, mind you.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:50 AM   #29
nkormanik
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
NO, NO, NO, NO.....

"Fix scrollbar showing up on initial book open even if disabled..."

ALLOW user to ALWAYS have scrollbar showing, if that's what they want.

And make those silly black triangles smaller, or option to hide 'em completely.

I mean, Please????

And, of course, thank you so very, very much....

You're amazing.

As is all of Mumbai, and even all of India.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:43 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Umm if you turn on the option for the scrollbar it will be always showing. And the black triangles have already been made smaller.