Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydin View Post
Wow this is gonna take a while. I'll update in a day or two. If anyone is looking for programming feedback, some sort of percentage or something would be awesome. I'm just looking at a solid bar with a warning that this is gonna be a three step process.
How did it go? I would expect it to be done by now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Nah, no optical discs on the PC. Just lots and lots of hard drives. I'll try the backup idea mentioned above and let you guys know how it goes!

Thanks!
That eliminates a possible issue
Good luck with the debug
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #18
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Nope, still going.

Potentially a stupid question but should I cancel and delete the db file, and then restart and repair?
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:34 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Nope, still going.

Potentially a stupid question but should I cancel and delete the db file, and then restart and repair?

Tough one. I think I will let Kovid call that.
A test: can you open any book in that library using the direct from the start menu (fire off the viewer, then have it open a book inside the Library)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Nope, still going.

Is the hard drive active? Is the Calibre process using CPU cycles? Is the free disk space getting lower?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Nope, still going.

You can cancel a backup in the middle. But I suggest you first ensure that it works with a new library. Run calibre as

calibre --with-library "path to some empty folder"

and see if things work,
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #22
hydin
Connoisseur

Ok, better idea of what I did.

Made library while in calibre
Exited, went into library via cmd line above
It worked. Added, removed books, hopped in a few times.
Made a random folder name (no actual folder, just a random directory), went into it with the cmd line, worked. Added book, worked.

So, what do I do now? I'm not getting that error in this library. Should I check out my others on the pc or should I try to see what's up with the main one, or just delete the db from the main and try to repair/restore? I've got like 32k books in the main one so for all I know that's the problem.

Last edited by hydin; 10-05-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: made a bit more concise.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First check you have enough free space on the drive with the problem library. Then check that all other libraries work. Then try moving the problem library to another drive. If it still fails after that, then you can either

1) delete metadaata.db and try a repair
2) simply crate a new empty library and use add books (book per folder) to add ll the books from the old library folder into the new library
Old 10-05-2019, 09:45 PM   #24
hydin
Connoisseur

Yea there's like 85 gigs open, plenty of space. When I head back into the main library I still get the same problem.

Seems like the faster option would be the adding books to the new one. I'll create an empty one and add the books from there. I'm assuming it's one book per folder?

Thanks!!
Old 10-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yes one book per folder.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #26
hydin
Connoisseur

Welp.

It's fixed.

Turns out I had a bad sector on my drive and that's where the issues began. Ran a scandisk and fixed the errors, and copied the database file back over to the directory and boom, works like a champ.

I guess the lesson is, bad timing can happen to anyone, and always run a scandisk if something goes weird after an install.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 10-10-2019, 01:16 AM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Welp.

It's fixed.

Turns out I had a bad sector on my drive and that's where the issues began. Ran a scandisk and fixed the errors, and copied the database file back over to the directory and boom, works like a champ.

I guess the lesson is, bad timing can happen to anyone, and always run a scandisk if something goes weird after an install.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Once again proving that Murphy was a raving optimist when he said "If" as in "If anything can go wrong, it will".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote