Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
MP3 on paperwhite?

Is it possible to listen to an mp3 on my paperwhite?

I have the waterproof kindle if that helps. I can see bluetooth on the menu so I'm guessing it will connect with bluetooth headphones. I read on line that I just put the MP3 files into the music directory but I don't seem to have this directory. The mp3 audio books are currently sitting on my PC. I also have Calibre if that helps.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Compatible formats:

Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion; Audible audio format (AAX).
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm guessing you're saying no unless I can turn it into AAX?

Does Calibre do this?

Mike
Old 08-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

It doesn't seem that there's anything out there to do the conversion. C'est la vie.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Yes there is but it's a stupid thing to do. For that, buy a tablets or a smart phone ,or an MP3 player.
Kindle is for reading books on, nothing else. It's never going to play music or chess or serve up Alexa.
If you want those things you bought the wrong device.
Sorry

Ps apt choice of name tag
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #6
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Yes there is but it's a stupid thing to do. For that, buy a tablets or a smart phone ,or an MP3 player.
Kindle is for reading books on, nothing else. It's never going to play music or chess or serve up Alexa.
If you want those things you bought the wrong device.
Sorry

Ps apt choice of name tag
Actually, once jailbroken, chess is an option. And plays well.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
bcumyns
bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcumyns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 300
Kindle Keyboard played mp3's, chess, solitaire, could take notes, etc. AND you could read books. Battery life wasn't bad either.
bcumyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcumyns View Post
Kindle Keyboard played mp3's, chess, solitaire, could take notes, etc. AND you could read books. Battery life wasn't bad either.
Sure, but playing MP3s took over the screen, correct? You couldn't read at the same time.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Sure, but playing MP3s took over the screen, correct? You couldn't read at the same time.
No, actually it plays in background, and there are keyboard shortcuts that control playback:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ama...s#Audio_Player
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The last kindle to take mp3 was Kindle Keyboard (possibly Kindle Touch). You can sideload an mp3 on a Fire.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
The last kindle to take mp3 was Kindle Keyboard (possibly Kindle Touch). You can sideload an mp3 on a Fire.
I think it was gone on Kindle Touch, as there would be no keyboard shortcuts to control playback, and I don’t think there were ever UI controls for this. I still technically own a Kindle Touch but it is on loan to my sister 2000 miles away.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:11 AM   #12
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
yes, but even on the latest fire HD tablets , sound is pretty crap.

other tablet brands: Lenovo, HUAWEI blow it out of the water for sound quality

I shudder to think what mp3 on Kindle would actually sound like, if made to work, and who could possibly enjoy the experience.

PS the obsolete Fire HDX tablets had better audio, I have both HDX and HD so I can do side by side comparisons. Lenovo Yoga 3 plus easily outperforms both, as does the HUAWEI Media Pad
Huawei also does Both netflix and Amazon video at full HD 1080p, whereas the other tablets give you one @1080p but not the other,
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcumyns View Post
But rubbish for MP3s compared to almost anything else. Phone or tiny cheap China MP3/MP4 player with row of buttons is far better.
My Kindle DXG and Kindle Keyboard, like other Kindles, can only annotate ebooks.
The Sony PRS350 can do notes, but a total pain (Sony Application) to get them into laptop. I use a free text editor on the phone for notes.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #14
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I like Kindles for reading. I don't understand why someone complains that their Kindle can't sit in a drawer for six months and still be fully charged. I wonder why they have a Kindle unless it's to add a reason to whine. I don't want to use my Kindle for music, phone calls, surfing the web, email, daytimer, or for sitting and staring at a screen saver.

I'm a compulsive reader and I can do all those other things on my smartphone or my laptop. Except phone calls. I'm mostly deaf.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:43 AM   #15
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I'm mostly deaf.
I'm guessing this is why audio books have little appeal to you.