Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
Divi filius
Divi filius began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems editing Stylesheet - no stylesheet window-appaer

Hello there,

After using Sigil for 2 Weeks, where all worked perfectly, i got an problem whith this program.

Always when i try to edit an stylesheet to an xhtml-file, the style-sheet window with the possbility to manage the connected stylesheet disappered, like window is out screen, but the BLING-Sound from Windows, appearing when clicking on sth. when you opened a other window (like installer...or in this case the stylesheet-window) still sounds.
I really can't remember sth in settings i have changed.
Could it be that the count of xhtml-Datas(i've got 120 or so on and was editing some new more up to 125... in this e-pub file) or the different stylesheets(i've got 4 different stylesheets) causing this problem or does anyone has an idea, how i can fix this?

I'm using it on windows 10, 64bit
Would be glad, if anyone could help me, i'm new to working with e-pubs and Sigil.

Greetings

Divi
Divi filius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It has to be lurking around the edge of screen somewhere if you're hearing a dinging sound when trying to right-click on xhtml files in Book Browser. Either that or it's been dragged onto a secondary screen.

If you can't find it, just force-close Sigil from the Task Manager. The position of that particular dialog isn't saved from session to session. The next time you launch Sigil, it will come up in the center.

Or just hit the enter key. There's a pretty decent chance either the OK or the Cancel button has the focus--wherever the dialog is.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Windows 10 seems to be getting crazy when you have 2 monitors. With Firefox when I click a link to download a file it sometimes puts the little window confirming the download on the 2nd monitor rather than in front of the window that Firefox is on. It may be something to do with the Firefox window being maximized.

With Sigil in the search window when I first click the Mode pull down (Normal/Sensitive/Regex) it shows up on the other monitor; similarly with the history in the Find box. I just click a few times and it comes back to where it belongs. Thereafter it's fine, until the next time I start Sigil.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote