Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
My EZ PPro Paint Peeled

My EZ Pocket Pro started peeling it's paint Feb 22, 2010. Bought this Nov 2009. So, it just took 3 months for it to destroy it's visual/physical beauty. I take really good care of my stuff and my EZ reader is very well protected by it's book cover, I have'nt took it off yet. Have'nt got this wet or even a springkle of water, my hand don't sweat either. I love books so I treasure my EZ reader like it's my baby girl. When it started to peel, I press it back in and the picture below is how it looks now. I also just took off the plastic screen attached to my reader (I haven't took it off when I got it out of the box to protect screen from scratches) when I took these pictures. It's still functional (which is what I'm after) that is why I haven't been online and visit mobileread for a loooooong time. I've got lots of books to read. Anyway, Just want people to know about it.

Here's the pics:

Last edited by diokdin; 03-30-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added some more comment....
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Like it's my baby girl

[QUOTE=diokdin;850979]My EZ Pocket Pro started peeling it's paint Feb 22, 2010. Bought this Nov 2009. So, it just took 3 months for it to destroy it's visual/physical beauty. I take really good care of my stuff and my EZ reader is very well protected by it's book cover, I have'nt took it off yet. Have'nt got this wet or even a springkle of water, my hand don't sweat either. I love books so I treasure my EZ reader like it's my baby girl. When it started to peel, I press it back in and the picture below is how it looks now. I also just took off the plastic screen attached to my reader (I haven't took it off when I got it out of the box to protect screen from scratches) when I took these pictures. It's still functional (which is what I'm after) that is why I haven't been online and visit mobileread for a loooooong time. I've got lots of books to read. Anyway, Just want people to know about it.

Here's the pics:

Dear Diokdin:

When you get ready, we could exchange. I know it is hard to be without; but we are pretty fast. I note that this was a November Model and those were from Batch 1. Later batches are perfect.

You can call: 1-866-368-8788 to get the tech to provide an RMA number for the return. Keep your SD card but send everything else back to facilitate a replacement.

It is a beautiful color; and we can get you pleased!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I had the same problem with mine... It doesn't take long to get the replacement back. The same day mine was recived by the company they sent out the replacement, three days later I had my new one.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.

Mine started out like the first pics, but has gradually flaked off.
Sorry I don't have a real camera at the moment.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post

Dear Diokdin:

When you get ready, we could exchange. I know it is hard to be without; but we are pretty fast. I note that this was a November Model and those were from Batch 1. Later batches are perfect.

You can call: 1-866-368-8788 to get the tech to provide an RMA number for the return. Keep your SD card but send everything else back to facilitate a replacement.

It is a beautiful color; and we can get you pleased!
Hey Robert,

Just called that # now and they said to send them an email with attach pics. I also attach my receipt on my EZ Reader. I'm just waiting for the reply and my RMA with instructions on what else to do. I'm not gonna shoulder the shipping cost for returning it right? Or will I?

Thanks...I'll probably go crazy without my Pocket Pro for a few days. I'm also thinking if I exchange this one hopefully the replacement won't have any issues. Like: it might have a pretty look on the outside but the functionality is not. I'll be exchanging that again if that happens. Hopefully not, don't like this hassle of returning and exchanging. Like you said it's hard to be without...And it's my baby, I'm quite attach to it. But I totally appreciate it too, from what I can see so far, you have a good customer service.

Last edited by diokdin; 03-31-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added more comment about shipping
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I had the same problem with mine... It doesn't take long to get the replacement back. The same day mine was recived by the company they sent out the replacement, three days later I had my new one.
Hopefully, I'll get mine back just as fast too!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You pay one way, we pay to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Hey Robert,

Just called that # now and they said to send them an email with attach pics. I also attach my receipt on my EZ Reader. I'm just waiting for the reply and my RMA with instructions on what else to do. I'm not gonna shoulder the shipping cost for returning it right? Or will I?

Thanks...I'll probably go crazy without my Pocket Pro for a few days. I'm also thinking if I exchange this one hopefully the replacement won't have any issues. Like: it might have a pretty look on the outside but the functionality is not. I'll be exchanging that again if that happens. Hopefully not, don't like this hassle of returning and exchanging. Like you said it's hard to be without...And it's my baby, I'm quite attach to it. But I totally appreciate it too, from what I can see so far, you have a good customer service.
Dear Dioktin:

The user pays to send it to us. We pay the freight to send it back. This is done to keep people from returning for the slightest of reasons. Otherwise we get Sonys returned to us, eBook Readers that function perfectly but they want a new one anyway, and to have people realize that repairing is a very expensive job and we are doing it fast and easy for them.

Sending one way is very inexpensive.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Dear Diokdin:

The user pays to send it to us. We pay the freight to send it back. This is done to keep people from returning for the slightest of reasons. Otherwise we get Sonys returned to us, eBook Readers that function perfectly but they want a new one anyway, and to have people realize that repairing is a very expensive job and we are doing it fast and easy for them.

Sending one way is very inexpensive.
Ok, just want everything clear. Thanks for the help, Robert. I'm sending it back now, I got the RMA#.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Otherwise we get Sonys returned to us
Seriously?
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Robertb

Sonys returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Seriously?
Dear Maggie:

Yes, we actually do get a Sony or three sent to us for repair hoping we will replace. The reasoning appears to be that they are about equally priced so why not exchange. Of course we cannot do that as we are not an authorized Sony e-tailer.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Robertb

Got RMA #!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Ok, just want everything clear. Thanks for the help, Robert. I'm sending it back now, I got the RMA#.
Dear Diokdin:

Thank you for understanding.

We are notoriously FAST on turnaround. When they arrive they are immediately given to the tech to try to find and solve the problem. If it cannot be fixed within an hour he generally replaces and gets it to shipping.

Most turnaround is 24 hours on working days. That is not a promise... but that is certainly the norm!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Dear Maggie:

Yes, we actually do get a Sony or three sent to us for repair hoping we will replace. The reasoning appears to be that they are about equally priced so why not exchange. Of course we cannot do that as we are not an authorized Sony e-tailer.
I'm at a loss. Really.

P.S. I can vouch for Bob's claim of fast turnaround!
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I'm at a loss. Really.

P.S. I can vouch for Bob's claim of fast turnaround!
Customers can be total bizarre cases.

I have had customers swear that they saw something in our booth and tell me I am wrong when I said we never (I was the POS Computer program designer and prime Buyer. Nothing got bought without a computer entry to generate the original PO) had that item.

I can believe someone wanting an EZReader for a busted Sony , but Free?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
My Blue one that i bought in Dec 09 has started to go the same way, there is a blemish in the centre of the back and the edges are all wrinkling as well. Unfortunately for me to return mine is a bit of an issue as I live in Australia.

I actually bought 6 of them at the same time for friends and Family, as far as i know mine is the only one going wrinkly. Interestingly enough it's also the only one with a lighter creamy coloured inside material for the hard case,the others are all a darker Grey colour. I remember reading on one of the other paint problem threads that something to do with the paint not being dry and some sort of a reaction with the leather of the case was the cause of the problem last time but i thought it had been solved?
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Mine hasn't gone wrinkley like that but I do have a few places on the edges that the paint is pealing I'm not going to worry about it much as it's just near the page turn buttons. Plus I have noiticed on my white one that where the paint has pealed it isn't discolored from the oils on my fingers.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote