Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #256
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
You can also try to convert your html to epub and open it in the (pocketbook) adobe reader. But adobe reader has a problem with foreign characters and displays question marks instead of them.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/314859
thank you Tom, I did try that (using calibre), but again the output was awful - but I will study your link tonight. For the moment, good old pdf seems to be winning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
It would be really nice to have a html capable and comfortable reader. Midori mother + fbreader father = fibori?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #257
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Which version FBReader should I be using now for the PB360. I just got my ereader exchanged and have to reinstall everything. I see there is graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.2.zip out now. Is this fine for the PB360 or should I be using the 9.2?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #258
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Which version FBReader should I be using now for the PB360. I just got my ereader exchanged and have to reinstall everything. I see there is graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.2.zip out now. Is this fine for the PB360 or should I be using the 9.2?
Hi, the 0.11.2 is for the new models 60X and 90X, so you better use the 9.2
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #259
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hi, the 0.11.2 is for the new models 60X and 90X, so you better use the 9.2
Yeah but there is two different versions at least from what I can tell.

Quote:
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3-fw2.x.x.zip graynm76-fbreader180, v0.11.3 for PB60x/90x
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip graynm76-fbreader180, v0.11.3
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.2-fw2.x.x.zip graynm76-fbreader180, v0.11.2 for PB60x/90x
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.2.zip graynm76-fbreader180, v0.11.2
See how there seems to be one for the PB60x and the 90x and then there seems to be one that doesn't designate what its for. So I thought maybe that was for the earlier PB hardware.

Hmm.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-22-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #260
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
Guns4Hire
0.11.3 is the current.
History is here.
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip - for PB301+/360
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3-fw2.x.x.zip - experimental version for PB60x/90x
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #261
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
NOT WORKING ON PB902 FW2.0.4

Hi all!!

I downloaded the latest version of the fbreader180, 11.3 for the PB902. I follow all the instructions to keep the original fbreader and to have the options to select the fbreader or fbreader180.

these were the steps i did:
-unzip de file graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3-fw2.x.x.zip
-extract to a temporary folder
-copy fbreader app into desktop
-rename to fbreader180
-copy fbreader180 app into system/bin
-copy extensions2 file into deskstop
-rename extensions2 to extensions.cfg
-copy extensions.cfg into folder config
-copy share into system folder

I open a epub file using the long press of the round button, select open with and the only options are adobeviewer and fbreader. The fbreader180 do not appear!!

what I am doing wrong here!!

ANy help is appreciatted.

Also, thanks to paola, grayNM and atango that provide help on this issue, but with no luck for me, I was not able to make it work..
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #262
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
Guns4Hire
0.11.3 is the current.
History is here.
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip - for PB301+/360
graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3-fw2.x.x.zip - experimental version for PB60x/90x
Ok thats actually what I thought. But then someone commented that it wasnt for the PB360. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #263
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I'm using FBReader with the wrist pageturn almost exclusively and am generally very happy with it. Here's some more things I would like, in case anyone developing it is interested:

- Option for better css support, it's a shame for some (few) very well formatted epubs to lose everything.
- Some way to easily stop accelerometer input temporarily- even locking the device doesn't stop the pages turning whenever the pocketbook is tilted. It is frustrating if I need to change position or make a sudden gesture, I always have to go back several pages to find my place.
- Ok here it may be me, I may be doing something wrong, but I think that links within epubs don't work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #264
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

nobody? any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Hi all!!

I downloaded the latest version of the fbreader180, 11.3 for the PB902. I follow all the instructions to keep the original fbreader and to have the options to select the fbreader or fbreader180.

these were the steps i did:
-unzip de file graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3-fw2.x.x.zip
-extract to a temporary folder
-copy fbreader app into desktop
-rename to fbreader180
-copy fbreader180 app into system/bin
-copy extensions2 file into deskstop
-rename extensions2 to extensions.cfg
-copy extensions.cfg into folder config
-copy share into system folder

I open a epub file using the long press of the round button, select open with and the only options are adobeviewer and fbreader. The fbreader180 do not appear!!

what I am doing wrong here!!

ANy help is appreciatted.

Also, thanks to paola, grayNM and atango that provide help on this issue, but with no luck for me, I was not able to make it work..
Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #265
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
skydive
1. Check that a line starting with EPUB in extensions.cfg contains fbreader180.app.
2. If you're using profiles you have to place extensions.cfg to config folder somewhere in profiles. I don't know exactly where.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #266
skydive
Addict

YEAH!!! now it works, I put the extensions file under system\profile\default\config

AWESOME! thanks grayNM

Questions: is there a way for note taking on fbreader180?

again thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
skydive
1. Check that a line starting with EPUB in extensions.cfg contains fbreader180.app.
2. If you're using profiles you have to place extensions.cfg to config folder somewhere in profiles. I don't know exactly where.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #267
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
I will be happy with:

Quote:
- Option for better css support, it's a shame for some (few) very well formatted epubs to lose everything.
and

Quote:
Questions: is there a way for note taking on fbreader180?
But only if it's possible and our great hero GrayNM want to do it.

In any case and and
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #268
skydive
Addict

Actually you can take notes, using a long press on the ok button, but it store as image on the file system, not visible from the TOC or Notes.

You have to connect to computer and look for the notes folder. Not good, but possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
I will be happy with:

and

But only if it's possible and our great hero GrayNM want to do it.

In any case and and
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #269
darknessEC
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
... but it store as image on the file system, not visible from the TOC or Notes...

... You have to connect to computer and ...
Then, two bad points.

If you use the "original" fbreader you will see the option for taking notes as text, not image (as image too, of course). And this text you can modificate or rename or save and you will find it in the TOC.

However, all depend of GrayNM's decisions.

Again: GrayNM

Last edited by darknessEC; 03-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #270
darknessEC
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
Then, two bad points.

If you use the "original" fbreader you will see the option for taking notes as text, not image (as image too, of course). And this text you can modificate or rename or save and you will find it in the TOC.

However, all depend of GrayNM's decisions.

Again: GrayNM
PS. we can see one suggestion:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...PmIbG_cKrWkQiw