Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Lightbulb Anyone want to trade effort?

So, I'm thinking that we might be able to come up with a barter system, off-site.

I'm thinking that we could trade markup. I don't have the perfect system in mind; I'd be open to input on this.

Suppose you want to read a book, but it's in terrible shape. It can be a drag to try to proof it and read it at the same time.

So you send it to me; I do the preliminary clean up, mechanical spell check, fix links, images, etc. and I return it to you. You can then do a read, and just fix the super-tricky stuff as you go. Then I have a credit with you, and I can ask you to do the same for me.

Anybody have thoughts? As I wrote, I don't expect to be doing this via this site, except for finding folks that might be interested.

Oh, and I'm thinking to primarily work in (x)html.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I like the idea... a great concept, actually, as sometimes fixing up a book can expose you to spoilers.

Unfortunately, however, my availability is too sporadic for me to feel confident in being able to reciprocate in a timely manner.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert