Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Help! Something is wrong...

Three days ago, I had five hours of battery left and about 100 books on my ebookwise. Last night, I turned it on, the screen came on and showed zero books, then it flickered and said the battery was drained and it was shutting down. I charged it overnight and went this morning to try and load books on it again. I was upset at losing everything I had on there! But I figured I would start with my fictionwise multiformat titles which I had loaded in the past onto my ebookwise bookshelf. The first ten loaded no problem, and now it is saying I am out of room and can't load any more.

I am baffled. I had 100 books on there before! And first of all, it deleted all my books, which is bad. But now it won't let me load them back. I had way more than this on there before, so what's the problem? Why won't it load more than 10? What's happened here? Help please...

Update: it is saying that it is using the internal flash drive 8 mb but I have a 64 mb expansion card int here which came with the ebookwise. So I guess it has stopped recognizing the extra card? How can I get it to recognize the card again?

Last edited by ficbot; 03-01-2009 at 12:52 PM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Update: it is saying that it is using the internal flash drive 8 mb but I have a 64 mb expansion card int here which came with the ebookwise. So I guess it has stopped recognizing the extra card? How can I get it to recognize the card again?
Yes, it does sound like your SM card is not being recognized any longer.

Did you try removing the SM card and re-inserting/re-seating it to see if it can be recognized?

If you have access to one of those all-in-one PC card readers, can you try reading the 64 MB card there. If it truly is empty, you can try formatting it in "FAT" format. The try again re-inserting it in the EBW1150.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried reformatting it in the device, and it still is not working. Now, my screen isn't working either. When I turn it on, the screen goes bright white and underneath it, you can faintly make out the library page but not enough to read anything...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I tried reformatting it in the device, and it still is not working. Now, my screen isn't working either. When I turn it on, the screen goes bright white and underneath it, you can faintly make out the library page but not enough to read anything...
I take it that you know how to get that hidden 'erase external' menu as explained here.

Try recharging the unit and have it stay on all the while i.e. without the sleep setting.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard

Thanks, I adjusted the contrast thanks to another tip, and tried again. Seems to be working now! Still don't know why it died suddenly like that, but it seems to be working again.
Advert