Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #76
giom
giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: cybook or sony 505
A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland asked the priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favor?"
"Of course. What may I do for you?"
"Well, I bought an expensive electronic hair remover that is well over the Customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there anyway you could carry it through Customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"
"I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you: I will not lie."
"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you."

When they got to Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. The official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?" "From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare." The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?" "I have a marvelous little instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused." Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father. Next!"
giom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #77
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Exactly how I feel right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forgethealthfood.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	22760  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #78
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Why did the dinosaur cross the road?

Because chickens have not evolved yet.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #79
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
MB:

Nice signature! Hope you don't mind if I borrow it...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #80
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
MB:

Nice signature! Hope you don't mind if I borrow it...
It looks like only the PRC version supports cryllic.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #81
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
It looks like only the PRC version supports cryllic.
I think the .lrf and .epub also support it. I KNOW that .imp doesn't!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lrf.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	22772   Click image for larger version

Name:	epub.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	22773   Click image for larger version

Name:	prc.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	22774   Click image for larger version

Name:	imp.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	22775  

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-06-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #82
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Strange, I get this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	epub.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	22776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	22777  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #83
nrapallo

Quote:
Strange, I get this:
I'm using Calibre v0.4.132 for the lrf-viewer.exe and epub-viewer.exe under WinXP SP3.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #84
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

I'm using the Sony software and the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions on Vista.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #85
nrapallo

Quote:
I'm using the Sony software and the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions on Vista.
Did you try viewing it on the Sony PRS? Would it be the same result?

I don't have a Sony PRS so I can only view .lrf/.epub ebooks using software, not hardware.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #86
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

I expect it would be the same on the actual reader. My experience is what you get in the Sony Software you get on your reader.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #87
nrapallo

Quote:
I expect it would be the same on the actual reader. My experience is what you get in the Sony Software you get on your reader.
Hey, we have the same post count, though, I'm a bit lacking in the karma dept... Now, you can't reply just yet or else I'll have to reply as well

I'm savouring the moment ...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #88
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
SOUTHERN GRANDMOTHER ON THE WITNESS STAND

Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand.

He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"

She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him."

The defense attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you to the electric chair."
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 AM   #89
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
Old Tom had a problem that just before he woke up in the morning he let out a tremendous fart. His wife Doris told him if he keeps it up, one day he will fart his gut out. Then on Thanksgiving, Doris was feeling a little sneaky, so when she removed the innards from the turkey she snuck up the her sleeping husband and carefully placed the entrails in the back if his shorts. Later in the kitchen, Doris hears the usual noise followed by a horrible scream and running feet. A few minute later her husband comes down the stairs, white and shaken. He looks at his wife and says, “Honey, you were right. I finally farted my guts out. But with a jar of Vaseline and these two fingers, they are all back where they belong.
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #90
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
**Rrriiiiinnnnggg, rrriiiinnnngg,**

**'Hello?'**

**'Hi honey. This is Daddy. Is Mommy near the
phone?'**

**'No, Daddy, she's upstairs in the bedroom with
Uncle Paul.'**

**After a brief pause, Daddy says,but honey,
you haven't got an Uncle Paul.'**

**'Oh yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with
Mommy,right now.'**

Brief Pause.

**'Uh, okay then, this is what I want you to do. Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy that Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway.'**

**'Okay, Daddy, Just a minute.'**

**A few minutes later the little girl comes back to the phone.**

**'I did it, Daddy.'**

**'And what happened, honey?'

**'Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran around screaming.

Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser and now she isn't moving at all!'**

**'Oh my God!!! What about your Uncle Paul?'**

**'He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too.

He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window and into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water last week to clean it.

He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead.**

*****Long Pause*****

*****Longer Pause*****

*****Even Longer Pause*****
**Then Daddy says,**

**'Swimming pool? ...........**

**Is this 486-5731?'*

**No, I think you have the wrong number.......*
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote