Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #166
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
for your patience tshering

I had never done it before in my life

a day to understand how to run a command : cmd.exe

What is obvious to you is new to me.
gouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #167
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

its me

7-zip [64] 9.20 Copyright <c> 1999-2010 Pavlov 2010-11-18

Error:
Incorrect command line

My command 1 and 2

E:\zztest>"c:\program files\7-zip\7z" for %i in (*.html) do 7z a -tgzip "gz\%i" "%i"

E:\zztest>"c:\program files\7-zip\7z" 7z a -tzip -mcu=on dicthtml.zip *.html words

I have a small weight in the soup but I do not see where

tshering
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #168
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
for %i in (*.html) do "c:\program files\7-zip\7z" a -tgzip "gz\%i" "%i"

"c:\program files\7-zip\7z" a -tzip -mcu=on dicthtml.zip *.html words
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #169
gouni
Connoisseur

It's magic

PeterT tshering

Last edited by gouni; 12-13-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #170
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Great! Is your dictionary now finished? Or was it still a test?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #171
gouni
Connoisseur

I you send a message

Last edited by gouni; 12-14-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #172
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
I you send a message
Thank you! I sent you a message with some content too.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #173
tshering
Wizard

I would like to share with you what I have done in order to improve my French reading experience. Maybe this could help other readers too.
Having not read French for ages, I had to discover that my vocabulary is worse than I thought. The definitions of the French definition dictionary were often too complicated for me so I had again and again to consult the French-English dictionary. Therefore, I merged these two dictionaries into one, and replaced the original French definition dictionary by the new one. Now, I get the French and the English definitions at the same time. One drawback is that I had to use the French definition dictionary of FW 2.0.0 (the more recent versions are in a format unknown to me), and this dictionary (FW 2.0.0) has many mistakes that have been corrected in the more recent versions. Having no need for the (now redundant) French-English dictionary any longer, I replaced it by the newest French definition dictionary. This has the additional advantage that I can now search the French definition dictionary (this is normally not possible because of a bug).
A helping hand gave me today another French dictionary "Le grand Gouni". This is a very extensive French-French dictionary. The entry "quitter", for instance, has 19 pages in the full screen view. Therefore it is much too detailed as to be practical for me as a pop-up dictionary, but it would be certainly very helpful in certain cases. Therefore, I renamed it to dicthtml-fr-fr.zip.
To sum up, I have now
  • one French definition/translation dictionary, listed as "Français" (consisting of a merged version of htmldict-fr.zip[2.0.0] and htmldict-fr-en). This is my primary (pop-up) dictionary
  • one French definition dictionary, listed under the translation dictionaries as "Français-English" (consisting of htmldict-fr.zip [most recent version]).
  • one French definition dictionary, listed under the translation dictionaries as "Français-Français" (consisting of "Le grand Gouni").
Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #174
gouni
Connoisseur

Thank you for all the help you have given me.

And the patience to explain to me thanks.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #175
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Hi AlPe,
Thank you for the python script. I tranformed the dictionary sucessfully.

But have a little problem. The newline character in stardict will not show in the kobo dict.

For example, the right format should be:
Quote:
face
/feɪs; fes/ n
1 front part of the head from the forehead to the chin
*a pretty, handsome, etc face
* Go and wash your face.
* He was so ashamed that he hid his face in his hands.
2 expression shown on a face
*a sad face
* smiling faces
* She had a face like thunder, ie She looked very angry.
But current format is as below:
Quote:
face
/feɪs; fes/ n 1 front part of the head from the forehead to the chin *a pretty, handsome, etc face * Go and wash your face.. * He was so ashamed that he hid his face in his hands. * I saw many familiar/strange faces, ie people whom I recognized/did not recognize. 2 expression shown on a face *a sad face * smiling faces * She had a face like thunder, ie She looked very angry.
Can you add some code to the script to replace the new line character with <br/>?
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #176
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi,

I am not willing to put that "<br/>" in the code, because the content of the input dictionary (Stardict or XML) may or may not have it already.

You should write your own input parser, specific for the input dictionary you want to convert, as explained in Section "Custom parser for the input dictionary" in the page http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html .

Alternatively, you can send me an email with a link to your dictionary, but you will have to wait a couple of days before hearing back.

EDIT: if you want a quick-and-dirty solution, just replace line 572 of penelope.py or line 577 of penelope3.py:
Code:
definition = global_dictionary[k][4]
with:
Code:
definition = global_dictionary[k][4].replace("\n", "<br/>")

Last edited by AlPe; 12-22-2012 at 06:02 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #177
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Hi,

I am not willing to put that "<br/>" in the code, because the content of the input dictionary (Stardict or XML) may or may not have it already.

You should write your own input parser, specific for the input dictionary you want to convert, as explained in Section "Custom parser for the input dictionary" in the page http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html .

Alternatively, you can send me an email with a link to your dictionary, but you will have to wait a couple of days before hearing back.

EDIT: if you want a quick-and-dirty solution, just replace line 572 of penelope.py or line 577 of penelope3.py:
Code:
definition = global_dictionary[k][4]
with:
Code:
definition = global_dictionary[k][4].replace("\n", "<br/>")
Thanks for your advice!
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #178
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are welcome.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #179
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Thanks for the penelope script! Worked like a charm once I installed MARISA and set the path (was pleasantly surprised MARISA built and installed on OSX w/ llvm-gcc without a hitch). No more crappy Merriam...

p.s. would be great if a Mac user familiar with Git - which I am not - would submit a MARISA formula to Homebrew

Last edited by stewacide; 01-02-2013 at 07:03 AM.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #180
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Great, you are welcome.

I have just pushed a new version of Penelope (1.14), which allows you to create the EPUB dictionary index of your own dictionary, and with complete read from/write to StarDict, XML, Bookeen Cybook Odyssey and Kobo formats.

Moreover, I uploaded some pre-compiled EPUBs here: http://code.google.com/p/penelope-di...ary_index_epub

Docs and files:
http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html
http://code.google.com/p/penelope-dictionary-converter/