Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
trapperjohn
trapperjohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
KT: Cannot unsubscribe from speciall offers

I live in Germany and own a Kindle Touch SO since December, running a German Amazon account.

In the last weeks, I got more and more annoyed of the SO which showed me most of the time fashion & styling ads ...

Eventually I am trying to get rid of the ads by paying Amazon its ad-fee ... but I can't find the "unsubscribe" button on the website.

I moved my Amazon account from Amazon.de to Amazon.com to unsubscribe the SO - and all threads I found on the Internet (as well as Amazon's help) tell me, there is an "Edit" button in the SO colum but not for me!? See the attached picture...

Do I need another setting in my Amazon account?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.png
Views:	366
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	85720  
trapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Special Offers are only available to people in the US, hence the ability to remove them is also only available to people in the US.

Like you, I also have a "Special Offers" Kindle bought in the US, but I actually like the ads.

My only suggest is to contact Kindle Customer Service. They may be able to arrange for the ads to be removed for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
trapperjohn

So the "inofficial" way is the only possibility to remove the ads?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I say, I'd ask Kindle CS.

Another option, now that the Kindle Touch is available in Europe, would be to buy another Kindle Touch without ads, and sell your ad-supported one.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
trapperjohn

You were right - I just had a lengthy chat with CS and finally they disabled SO for me.
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Great! Did they charge you for it?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
trapperjohn

I'm not really sure - I knew I had to pay for it but CS did not really mention anything about my credit card or whatever. They just removed the SO and that's it. I think I'll see it on the next credit card statement... ;-)