Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
does Amazon care that if I register my Kindle with another acct?

When I got the Kindle yesterday, I registered with my girlfriend's
Amazon acct. After seeing the special offers, I realized that I should
have used my own Amazon acct because I have prime.(plus I have
a couple hundred dollars in Amazon gift balance on my own acct)

So... I de-registered the Kindle... then I did a factory default restore.
After it rebooted, I registered with my own Amazon acct. Everything
seemed to work fine and I was able to send the Special Offers to
my own email tied to my own Amazon acct.

However, I just want to make sure that the registering/de-registering
and re-registering with another Amazon account is not going to
cause any problem. Does Amazon even care?

Thanks!
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, Amazon don't care.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post
Does Amazon even care?
Thanks!
Perhaps that is a question best directed to Amazon...
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
If you deregister online from your girlfriend's account you should be ok.

Once you register to your own account, you can verify by checking the serial number online.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

In the past few years I've owned four Kindles. Three of those four I de-registered online and either sold or gifted to someone else. This is a normal practice and I've had zero problems. Amazon could care less as long as you properly deregister it before trying to register it with another account. I even forgot to deregister my first Kindle when I sold it, but a call to Amazon CS resolved that issue quickly and satisfactorily.

Bottomline is that Amazon will happily sell you stuff through any legitimate account. They only become concerned if they think your Kindle might have been stolen, and that is a good policy IMO.
Advert