Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Galaxy Tab questions

I am interested in getting the Galaxy Tab, mainly as an e-reader.
I have to admit I am new to the world of e-readers and even more so the Galaxy Tab. A few Qs;

Can someone tell me if I can load my own epub books on to it and read them without any problems? or can I only buy from their book shop?

Also, how have you found the battery life, is it OK for the odd reading? I am not a big reader, I would rarely read for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time.

Is there any other issues I should be aware of? (I saw a review on CNET and it looked quite good for what I want)

Thanks
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The short answer is yes it will work for you.

However the tab is more of a tablet than an ereader and does much more than function as an ereader.

There are apps that allow you to read in any format. Also must major book vendors have their own apps that read their DRM and formats.

However if all you want is an ereader that reads epubs there are a great many for much less.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Yes, thanks for that. I realize that there are cheaper e-readers but I like the fact that it can be an e-reader and do so much more as well.
Thanks, its good to know that it can read epub files
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote