Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
How about a Library Forum?

or a forum for discussing methods/software/hardware/formats for organizing ebook collections.
I can see as more and more collections like blackmask, project gutenberg come out people are going to need to figure out a way to organize it all.
I've seen a few quesitons scattered in different sections, but it would rock to have a section devoted entirely to it.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Yes! I agree entirely.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think this discussion already fits well into the Reading Software forum.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
I think I need to disagree a bit there
The type of programs I'm thinking of have as little to do with reading software as Caliber or other conversion stuff.
I'm thinking specifically about programs designed to create order within your library, not ones to read ebooks in or load books to devices.
I will post my topic there, but I do think that sorting and organizing is going to become as big an issue as conversion soon. With all the free books flying around, it's hard to keep track!
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It is certainly a point of view. But, to me reading software doesn't have to be software you just view a book with. It also pertains to organizing and cataloging... which calibre actually does also.

To each his own... I always say.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:09 AM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Perhaps a modification in the title of the forum??

Something like Reading and other relate software?
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It is certainly a point of view. But, to me reading software doesn't have to be software you just view a book with. It also pertains to organizing and cataloging... which calibre actually does also.

To each his own... I always say.

BOb
I have found that any organizing software needs to support reading as well as I often have to open a book take a look to figure out how to organize it. Of course an organizing program could spawn other programs to do the reading part but so far I haven't found one that does.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have found that any organizing software needs to support reading as well as I often have to open a book take a look to figure out how to organize it. Of course an organizing program could spawn other programs to do the reading part but so far I haven't found one that does.

Dale
calibre supports reading all the major ebook formats.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
fjevader
fjevader began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am new to calibre and just found this thread. I have a large amount of ebooks that I store on my computer. I lost my kindle and for now can not replace it. I have most in lit form so I have been using M$ reader. My question is that I to would like to be able to sort my books into Series in the calibre main interface. Does anyone know if this is even possible? If so can you point me to how it is done? Thanks.
fjevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjevader View Post
I am new to calibre and just found this thread. I have a large amount of ebooks that I store on my computer. I lost my kindle and for now can not replace it. I have most in lit form so I have been using M$ reader. My question is that I to would like to be able to sort my books into Series in the calibre main interface. Does anyone know if this is even possible? If so can you point me to how it is done? Thanks.
hi fjevader, and welcome to the forum !
if you've added the series info in the meta data view, you can click on the "series" column header to sort by series in the main library view.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
fjevader
fjevader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not really what I was looking for, but will do for now. Thanks for the tip.
fjevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjevader View Post
Not really what I was looking for, but will do for now. Thanks for the tip.
You can also use tags to sort things out.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote