Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
zynster
zynster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Removing files of zero size in Calibre

Hi everyone,
I've just found this site, hopefully it can help with the problem I'm having.

I was messing around with my calibre and managed to import a number of .mobi files that are zero bytes in size. They now appear in my calibre database. Does anyone have a good way of removing them from the command line.

I've tried

calibredb list -s size:=0 --with-library /data2/media/calibre/ | calibredb remove

The first command lists the zero size books correctly but the second part gives out saying that I need to specify the books to be removed. Has anyone come across this before.

BTW I'm using version (calibre 0.8.35)

Thanks.

Last edited by zynster; 05-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
zynster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
zynster

Well thanks for all the viewings....

I've decided to simply delete the dB, remove the files on the OS and the recreate the calibre dB.
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Zynster; when I read the help for calibredb remove it tells me it expects another argument; a comma separated list of IDs of books to remove; NOT a list on stdin of books to process, so I would not have expected that to work at all.

You could also just have dropped the zero byte files at the OS level and then performed a library check function to identify the missing material in calibre and then had calibre peform a cleanup.

Also, in the calibre gui, did you try a search for
size:=0 format:mobi
then select all the displayed records, right click them and do either a remove books | remove selected books OR a remove books | remove remove files of a specified format and select mobi?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
infinite1
infinite1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
xargs

I use the windows version of calibre, but to pass parameters via pipe in unix, I would use xargs:

calibredb list -s size:=0 --with-library /data2/media/calibre/ | xargs calibredb remove
infinite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
zynster

Thanks for the responses. I'm running it without a GUI and I was stuck for a while.

I did read the documentation about removing the books but it didn't click that I could just remove the files and do a cleanup of the library.

Well you live and learn.

Thanks again.
Advert