Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Openoffice pdf hyperlinks not working on kindle 3

I have an openoffice writer file that generates pdfs nicely. There is a table of contents with clickable links. Clickable, that is, on my computer.

Once transferred to my kindle, none of the TOC links do anything. I have tried exporting to pdf with various different combinations of options. They all work on my computer, none work on my kindle.

Here is the odt file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4622746/songbook.odt
and here is one of the pdfs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4622746/songbook.pdf

Any pointers?
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It seems the Kindle does not support links with PDFs, there's nothing you can do (except complaining to Amazon).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It seems the Kindle does not support links with PDFs, there's nothing you can do (except complaining to Amazon).
Well that's a shame.

I can't see any openoffice-> mobi converters. I don't want to have to open callibre every time I want to update this file.

Has anyone had experience outputting to other formats for the kindle 3, e.g. html?

It'll be a shame to lose my formatting though. I spent a long time getting the text and different fields looking just right.
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote